Southern Bulgaria under Code Orange over Downpours
Code orange has been declared Thursday in four regions in southern Bulgaria due to heavy downpours, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, has announced.
The code is effective for the regions of Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Kardzhali and Haskovo. In the last two, the rain will be accompanied with strong winds.
Code yellow is declared for 11 regions in central and eastern Bulgaria – Veliko Tarnovo, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Sliven and Yambol.
A rainfall of between 30 and 50 liters per square kilometer is expected in southern Bulgaria, particularly in locations in the mountains of Rila and the Rhodoppe.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures