Bulgaria Pays Tribute to Its Enlighteners
Bulgaria marks on November 1 the National Enlighteners Day with a series of events organized all across the country.
Across Bulgaria, the National Enlighteners Day is an occasion to pay tribute to all those committed to culture and education, including historical figures and present-day enlighteners.
It has been a tradition in cities and towns throughout the country to hold parades honoring students and teachers.
Bulgaria has been celebrating the National Enlighteners Day as a national holiday since 1922 and teachers and students have seen parades on this occasion since the 1930s.
The holiday was suspended by the Bulgarian Communist regime in 1945. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, celebration was resumed in 1990 and made official again in 1995.
- » Spain's 'Cultural Earthquake' to Rock Sofia in 2015
- » Balkan Music Star Goran Bregovic Returns for Concert in Sofia
- » Caricature Exhibition In Museum Of Socialist Art
- » Los Vivancos Flamenco Show In Sofia
- » Institut Francais Opens Cinema Hall In Sofia
- » International Book Fair Starts In Sofia On Tuesday