Bulgaria Pays Tribute to Its Enlighteners
Bulgaria marks on November 1 the National Enlighteners Day with a series of events organized all across the country.
Across Bulgaria, the National Enlighteners Day is an occasion to pay tribute to all those committed to culture and education, including historical figures and present-day enlighteners.
It has been a tradition in cities and towns throughout the country to hold parades honoring students and teachers.
Bulgaria has been celebrating the National Enlighteners Day as a national holiday since 1922 and teachers and students have seen parades on this occasion since the 1930s.
The holiday was suspended by the Bulgarian Communist regime in 1945. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, celebration was resumed in 1990 and made official again in 1995.
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October
- » Sofia Independent Film Festival to Support Bulgarian Cinema
- » “Creativity and Misery'' Exhibition Presents the Essence of the Human Emotional Aspect