Inclement Weather Causes Power Outages in Western Bulgaria
Some 5 000 households in Western Bulgaria were left without electricity Monday night as a result of power outages caused by inclement weather.
The strong gusts of wind and torrential rain in Western Bulgaria has affected the electricity supply in 12 towns and villages, announced Bozhidar Gatev, maintenance director at the Western Bulgarian power utility CEZ.
Gatev said the outages are expected to be fixed shortly. In his words, CEZ Bulgaria already managed to restore electricity to about as many households that suffered outages earlier on Monday.
The other two power utilities in Bulgaria, Energo-Pro, which operates in the Northeast, and EVN, which operates in the Southeast, have not reported any outages.
Earlier on Monday, an elderly woman died in the Danube city of Ruse when she fell from the balcony of her home as a result of the strong wind. Heavy rains, coupled with thunderstorms, are continuing to lash the whole of Bulgaria.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday