EasyJet to Fly London Stansted - Sofia as of Febr 2013
Bulgaria's capital Sofia is one of three new destinations featuring on low-cost airline Easyjet's new schedule from Stansted next year.
The carrier will serve the flights to Sofia twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays, with the first due on February 16.
The budget airline will also add year-round flights to Egypt and Morocco.
"We're delighted to add Sharm el-Sheikh and Sofia to our scheduled route network for the first time and as well as seeing a welcome return of Marrakech as we believe there is a real and significant demand for flights to these destinations," Nick Barton, Stansted's managing director, commented.
"I'm sure these exciting new routes will prove to be very popular with passengers and a great addition to our route network," he added.
EasyJet, which is considered to be the second-biggest low fare airline company after Ryanair, stepped on the Bulgarian market in November 2007 with low-cost flights to London Gatwick three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- » Foreign Ministers of Serbia, Hungary Cite South Stream as Project of Mutual Interest
- » Bulgaria’s Advance Properties Acquires 100% Stake in Pharmaceutical Co Huvepharma
- » President Plevneliev Invites Polish Businesses to Invest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Governor 'Likely to Resign end-November'
- » Bulgaria Plans to Reintroduce 10% Bank Deposit Interest Tax
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Expects 4-5% Growth This Winter