High Winds, Heavy Rains Claim First Victim in Bulgaria
An elderly woman lost her life when she fell from the balcony of her home in the Danube city of Ruse during Monday's high winds.
According to police report, the woman, 75, went outside around 8 am on Monday morning to inspect and adjust the flower pots on her balcony, when she fell to her death from the fifteenth floor.
Meanwhile heavy rains, coupled with thunderstorms, are continuing to lash the whole of Bulgaria.
The regions of Blagoevgrad, Western Bulgaria, Haskovo, Southern Bulgaria, and Burgas on the Black Sea coast are the hardest-hit.
Main streets in Bulgaria's capital Sofia have been flooded and traffic brought to a standstill after torrential rains drenched the city on Monday morning.
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa