Iraq Grounds Iranian Syria-Bound Plane
Iraqi authorities have ordered an Iranian cargo jet flying for Syria to land in Iraq to be inspected for possible shipments of weapons for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
The plane landed at the international airport in Baghdad to be searched.
After no banned items were found on board, it was released for its destination.
This is the second time that Iraq grounds an Iranian plane headed for Syria, after a similar incident October 2.
Some countries, including the USA, allege that Russia and Iran are supplying weapons to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
- » Bulgaria Hosting International Southeast European Studies Conference
- » Clashes, Grenade Explosion Take Place Outside Ukraine’s Parliament
- » Bulgaria Police Helping Patrol along Hungary-Serbia Border
- » Authorities Detain Fourth Bulgarian over Dead Migrants Found in Truck in Austria
- » Hungary Completes Fence at Border with Serbia Earlier Than Planned
- » Russia, Germany, France Call for Full Ceasefire in Ukraine Starting on September 1