Iraq Grounds Iranian Syria-Bound Plane
Iraqi authorities have ordered an Iranian cargo jet flying for Syria to land in Iraq to be inspected for possible shipments of weapons for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
The plane landed at the international airport in Baghdad to be searched.
After no banned items were found on board, it was released for its destination.
This is the second time that Iraq grounds an Iranian plane headed for Syria, after a similar incident October 2.
Some countries, including the USA, allege that Russia and Iran are supplying weapons to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe
- » Two More People Have Been Arrested After the Attack in London
- » Brazil Official Statement After Several Countries Have Banned Imports of Meat
- » Erdogan Says Turkey will Review EU Ties ‘From A to Z’
- » UK Police: Man Injured In Attack on Parliament Has Died
- » U.S. Senate to Vote on Montenegro's NATO Membership