Iraq Grounds Iranian Syria-Bound Plane
Iraqi authorities have ordered an Iranian cargo jet flying for Syria to land in Iraq to be inspected for possible shipments of weapons for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
The plane landed at the international airport in Baghdad to be searched.
After no banned items were found on board, it was released for its destination.
This is the second time that Iraq grounds an Iranian plane headed for Syria, after a similar incident October 2.
Some countries, including the USA, allege that Russia and Iran are supplying weapons to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
- » Poland Moves to Make Shale Gas Extraction Tax-Free by 2020
- » Unrest in Turkey after Death of Teenage Gezi Park Protest Victim
- » EU to impose sanctions on Russia Monday
- » Missing Malaysian Plane Tracked Off Western Coast – Report
- » Macedonia with Highest Share of Female MPs in Balkans
- » Stolen Passports on Disappeared Malaysia Plane Are 'No Terror Link'