Iraq Grounds Iranian Syria-Bound Plane
Iraqi authorities have ordered an Iranian cargo jet flying for Syria to land in Iraq to be inspected for possible shipments of weapons for the regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
The plane landed at the international airport in Baghdad to be searched.
After no banned items were found on board, it was released for its destination.
This is the second time that Iraq grounds an Iranian plane headed for Syria, after a similar incident October 2.
Some countries, including the USA, allege that Russia and Iran are supplying weapons to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad.
- » Nelson Mandela Memorial Service List of Attendees
- » Ban Ki-Moon: Mandela's Lesson is for All Humankind
- » Steady Rain Delays Mandela Memorial Service
- » Nelson Mandela Memorial Ceremony Opens with Interfaith Prayer
- » Ashton Arrives in Kiev in Attempt to Mend Tensions
- » Another Lenin Statue Toppled in Ukraine