Bulgaria's Main Ports Closed Due to Gusty Winds
Bulgaria's Varna and Burgas ports - the country's chief sea ports - have been closed down Sunday due to heavy winds.
Code red for extremely dangerous weather has been called for Smolyan and Kardzhali regions, with code orange placed on the rest of Bulgaria's south.
Heavy precipitation is also expected in some areas of southern Bulgaria.
Ports in Varna and Burgas have been closed for all vessels. Wind gusts there have reached 8-10 m/sec.
- » Three Companies Interested in Belene Nuclear Plant
- » Bulgaria's GDP Grew 3.4% in Q3, 2016
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Confident about Belene Privatization
- » China 'Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant'
- » Bulgaria 'Should Promote Itself as All-Year-Round Destination'
- » EU Energy Ministers Seeking New Rules on Gas Supplies