Bulgaria's Main Ports Closed Due to Gusty Winds
Bulgaria's Varna and Burgas ports - the country's chief sea ports - have been closed down Sunday due to heavy winds.
Code red for extremely dangerous weather has been called for Smolyan and Kardzhali regions, with code orange placed on the rest of Bulgaria's south.
Heavy precipitation is also expected in some areas of southern Bulgaria.
Ports in Varna and Burgas have been closed for all vessels. Wind gusts there have reached 8-10 m/sec.
- » Residents of Bulgaria’s Smolyan Protest Biomass-Fired Power Plant Project
- » EU Ready to Discuss South Stream at Trilateral Gas Talks on Sept 26
- » European Underground Gas Depots 91.37% Full by Sept 21
- » Bulgaria to Export over 2 M Tonnes of Wheat in 2014
- » Bulgarian Caretaker Minister Emphasizes Increase in Tourist Numbers, Revenues
- » Former CEO of Kozloduy NPP: Bulgaria Needs Energy Strategy by 2050