Bulgarians' Overseas Trips Decrease on Monthly, Annual Basis
Bulgarians made 334 000 overseas trips in September 2012, according to data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
In September 2012, the number of Bulgarians' trips abroad fell by 12.1% on the month and by 8.7% on the year.
In September 2012, as compared to August 2011, there were decreases in the number of trips to Serbia, by 56.2%; to Turkey, by 45.4%; and to Greece, by 13.9%.
Meanwhile, September 2012 brought increases in the number of trips to Austria, by 159.4%; to Romania, by 52.3%; to Spain, by 37.1%; to Germany, by 30.8%, etc.
Other purpose trips (visiting people, educational purposes, attending cultural and sports events) had the largest share trips abroad by Bulgarian citizens, at 48.7%, followed by vacation and leisure trips at 29.2%, and business trips at 22.1%.
In September 2012, as compared to September 2011, other purpose trips went up by 25.4%, while business trips and vacation and leisure trips fell by 46.4% and 1%, respectively.
In September 2012, 63.5% of the trips to Greece, 60.3% of the trips to Serbia, and 50.9% of the trips to Germany were other purpose trips.
Most of the trips to Turkey and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia were vacation and leisure trips, at 53.3% and 39.7%, respectively, while trips to Belgium and Austria were mainly business trips, at 74.4% and 53.1% of the total of trips of Bulgarian citizens to these countries.
- » Minister of Tourism: 'I Am Ready to Meet Representatives of the Union of Owners of Sunny Beach'
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Egypt in the Sphere of Tourism
- » Owners of restaurants in Sunny Beach Will Protest
- » Varna’s Sky Restaurant Sees Emergency Landing by NRA Inspectors
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism: 'Late Night Police Raids Mar the Image of Bulgarian Sea Resorts
- » Ryanair Calls for Two-Drink Maximum at Airports