Bulgarians' Overseas Trips Decrease on Monthly, Annual Basis
Bulgarians made 334 000 overseas trips in September 2012, according to data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
In September 2012, the number of Bulgarians' trips abroad fell by 12.1% on the month and by 8.7% on the year.
In September 2012, as compared to August 2011, there were decreases in the number of trips to Serbia, by 56.2%; to Turkey, by 45.4%; and to Greece, by 13.9%.
Meanwhile, September 2012 brought increases in the number of trips to Austria, by 159.4%; to Romania, by 52.3%; to Spain, by 37.1%; to Germany, by 30.8%, etc.
Other purpose trips (visiting people, educational purposes, attending cultural and sports events) had the largest share trips abroad by Bulgarian citizens, at 48.7%, followed by vacation and leisure trips at 29.2%, and business trips at 22.1%.
In September 2012, as compared to September 2011, other purpose trips went up by 25.4%, while business trips and vacation and leisure trips fell by 46.4% and 1%, respectively.
In September 2012, 63.5% of the trips to Greece, 60.3% of the trips to Serbia, and 50.9% of the trips to Germany were other purpose trips.
Most of the trips to Turkey and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia were vacation and leisure trips, at 53.3% and 39.7%, respectively, while trips to Belgium and Austria were mainly business trips, at 74.4% and 53.1% of the total of trips of Bulgarian citizens to these countries.
- » The Airports in Varna and Burgas Expect over 5 Million Passengers this Summer
- » Removal of Illegal Establishments in Sunny Beach Continues
- » Air France KLM Shares All Amid More Strike Disruption
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech