Bulgarian Nationalists to Propose 'Alternative' Budget 2013
Bulgarian nationalist party Ataka plans to submit to Parliament an alternative version of draft budget 2013 in a few days' time.
Ataka MP Pavel Shopov came up with the announcement Thursday during the first discussion of draft budget 2013 at a sitting of the Parliamentary Budget and Finance Committee.
He made clear that the party had drawn up an entirely new budget based on an entirely different "point of view, philosophy, and values", adding that their version would be aimed at assisting a more efficient use of tax receipts.
"The budgets compiled by center-right ruling party GERB run against the interests of the Bulgarian nation. The implementation of their draft budget for the next calendar year is almost impossible," Shopov commented.
The MP of nationalist party Ataka boasted that it was the first time in Bulgaria's democratic history that such an alternative draft budget had been compiled.
The Parliamentary Budget and Finance Committee adopted at first reading Budget 2013 at its Thursday sitting, with 12 votes in favor, 4 votes against and 1 abstainee.
Thursday's vote did not include the budgets of the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) and the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC).
- » Ѕtatistics Show Growth in GDP and Final Consuption
- » At the End of June 2017 Currency in Circulation on the Domestic Market Reached BGN 14. 214b
- » Bitcoin Keeps on Breaking Records
- » Statistics Show Growth of Incomes and Spending in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in Bulgaria Reaches 1% Since Beginning of 2017
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria – Up by Nearly 10%