Demostrators Block Tribute to Bulgaria's 'Communist Princess'
The start of the "scientific conference" dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the birth of Lyudmila Zhivkova, daughter of Communist dictator, Todor Zhivkov, was hurdled Friday by protesting people.
The demonstrators burst into the the Sofia University hall where the conference is going to be held, shouting "Hurray Comrades! Bulgarian Communist Party, Communist Party of the Soviet Union!"
On the backdrop of pictures of Zhivkova, projected on a wide screen, they are preventing by shouts every attempt to start the event, the online news agency Dnevnik reports.
The protesters say this is not a scientific conference, but rehabilitation of the Communist regime. They further wave signs reading "Zhivkova is a Communist, not a national leader." Another sign displays a picture of Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, from the time he was Todor Zhivkov's bodyguard, with the following inscription underneath: "The fact that after 20 years we are still talking about him means plenty of things have been done," which is a quotation of Borisov's recent praise for Zhivkov, stirring another outrage in Bulgaria.
One day ago, the right-wing Blue Coalition issued a declaration, which they read in the Parliament, demanding the annulment of the conference and voicing outrage from Sofia University President, Ivan Ilchev's "attempts to use the State school for Communist and Socialist propaganda."
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad
What a bunch of d*ck-heads!
Poor Zhikova was probably still suffering from the effects of her car accident and very likely bumped-off by either the KGB or by BG Communist agents acting on the instructions of Moscow. How can these cretins, especially Kostov, see this as glorifying Communism?