Bulgaria, Romania to Jointly Overcome Schengen Setback
Cooperation between Bulgaria and Romania is vital so that both countries achieve their goal to enter Schengen, stated Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Thursday Ponta welcomed his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov, who is on an official visit to Bucharest.
Wednesday, the European People's Party, a member of which is Borisov's GERB, held their congress in the Romanian capital.
During their meeting, Bulgaria's rightist and Romania's socialist PM discussed plans for strengthening ties between the two neighboring countries.
A particular point of emphasis was deepening cooperation on joint projects along the common border, such as the Danube Bridge 2 and a joint checkpoint at Konstanta.
On his part, Bulgarian PM Borisov stated that its country is open and desiring to boost friendship with its northern neighbor.
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo
- » EU Reaches Preliminary Deal to Scrap Mobile Roaming Fees by mid-2017
- » Bulgaria Drops One Place to #24 by EU Funds Absorption