Bulgaria, Romania to Jointly Overcome Schengen Setback
Cooperation between Bulgaria and Romania is vital so that both countries achieve their goal to enter Schengen, stated Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Thursday Ponta welcomed his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov, who is on an official visit to Bucharest.
Wednesday, the European People's Party, a member of which is Borisov's GERB, held their congress in the Romanian capital.
During their meeting, Bulgaria's rightist and Romania's socialist PM discussed plans for strengthening ties between the two neighboring countries.
A particular point of emphasis was deepening cooperation on joint projects along the common border, such as the Danube Bridge 2 and a joint checkpoint at Konstanta.
On his part, Bulgarian PM Borisov stated that its country is open and desiring to boost friendship with its northern neighbor.
- » EP to Hold Hearing of Bulgarian Commission Designate on June 20
- » Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Wants to be Free of EU Monitoring by End of 2018
- » A Bulgaria to Update Budget of its EU Council Presidency
- » Minister Liliyana Pavlova: 'Europe Will Exist, it is Important in What Format'
- » Bulgaria is on its Way to the Eurozone