Bulgaria, Romania to Jointly Overcome Schengen Setback
Cooperation between Bulgaria and Romania is vital so that both countries achieve their goal to enter Schengen, stated Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Thursday Ponta welcomed his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov, who is on an official visit to Bucharest.
Wednesday, the European People's Party, a member of which is Borisov's GERB, held their congress in the Romanian capital.
During their meeting, Bulgaria's rightist and Romania's socialist PM discussed plans for strengthening ties between the two neighboring countries.
A particular point of emphasis was deepening cooperation on joint projects along the common border, such as the Danube Bridge 2 and a joint checkpoint at Konstanta.
On his part, Bulgarian PM Borisov stated that its country is open and desiring to boost friendship with its northern neighbor.
- » EC Survey: Bulgaria in the Top 3 of the Most Racist Countries in Europe
- » Meglena Kuneva is Nominated for a New Position in Brussels
- » According to New Research, Bulgaria is the Laziest Nation in the EU
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria