Bulgaria, Romania to Jointly Overcome Schengen Setback
Cooperation between Bulgaria and Romania is vital so that both countries achieve their goal to enter Schengen, stated Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Thursday Ponta welcomed his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov, who is on an official visit to Bucharest.
Wednesday, the European People's Party, a member of which is Borisov's GERB, held their congress in the Romanian capital.
During their meeting, Bulgaria's rightist and Romania's socialist PM discussed plans for strengthening ties between the two neighboring countries.
A particular point of emphasis was deepening cooperation on joint projects along the common border, such as the Danube Bridge 2 and a joint checkpoint at Konstanta.
On his part, Bulgarian PM Borisov stated that its country is open and desiring to boost friendship with its northern neighbor.
- » EC Approves Bulgaria's Public Procurement Strategy 2014-2020
- » EU Regional Policy Commissioner: Bulgaria to Sign PA with EC Very Soon
- » Georgieva Is Bulgaria's EU Foreign Policy Chief Candidate - PM
- » Bulgaria's FM Vigenin 'to Be EU Commissioner Candidate'
- » Juncker Adamant To Get Kristalina Georgieva on His Team
- » FT: Bulgaria's Georgieva Plausible as EU Foreign Policy Chief