1 Ton of Toxin-Infected Cheese Destroyed in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Food Safety Agency has destroyed 1 ton of cheese infected with the dangerous aflatoxin.
The cheese with high levels of alfatoxin was discovered during a routine inspection of a dairy farm near the town of Lovech.
People have not consumed any of the infected cheese, Food Safety Agency experts have assured.
There is no danger for the infection to spread outside the villages of Goran and Radovene, according to the experts.
The fodder that caused the infection is not commercially sold.
High-level aflatoxin exposure results an acute hepatic necrosis, resulting later in cirrhosis, and/or carcinoma of the liver.
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 7-Year Issue of EUR-Denominated Govt Securities
- » Construction of South Stream Underwater Section to Start December 15
- » Israel 'to Offer Gas Pipeline Project' to EU
- » Bulgaria to Receive EUR 25 M in Kozloduy NPP Decommissioning Aid in 2015
- » Banks to Repay KTB Deposits Unveiled
- » Business In Bulgaria Pays Sixth Lowest Taxes In Europe - Survey