1 Ton of Toxin-Infected Cheese Destroyed in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Food Safety Agency has destroyed 1 ton of cheese infected with the dangerous aflatoxin.
The cheese with high levels of alfatoxin was discovered during a routine inspection of a dairy farm near the town of Lovech.
People have not consumed any of the infected cheese, Food Safety Agency experts have assured.
There is no danger for the infection to spread outside the villages of Goran and Radovene, according to the experts.
The fodder that caused the infection is not commercially sold.
High-level aflatoxin exposure results an acute hepatic necrosis, resulting later in cirrhosis, and/or carcinoma of the liver.
- » KEVR To Raise Gas Prices by 1.97% As Of October 1
- » BNB Chief Radev: Bulgaria's Banking System Is Stable
- » Azerbaijan, Bulgaria Agree on Gas Deliveries from 2020
- » Bulgaria to Study Options for Azerbaijani Gas Supplies - Energy Min
- » Turkey to Complete Wall with Syria in 5 Months
- » Bulgaria Doesn't Appeal Arbitration Ruling over Atomstroyexport Debt