1 Ton of Toxin-Infected Cheese Destroyed in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Food Safety Agency has destroyed 1 ton of cheese infected with the dangerous aflatoxin.
The cheese with high levels of alfatoxin was discovered during a routine inspection of a dairy farm near the town of Lovech.
People have not consumed any of the infected cheese, Food Safety Agency experts have assured.
There is no danger for the infection to spread outside the villages of Goran and Radovene, according to the experts.
The fodder that caused the infection is not commercially sold.
High-level aflatoxin exposure results an acute hepatic necrosis, resulting later in cirrhosis, and/or carcinoma of the liver.
- » Ernst & Young: 22 Merger, Acquisition Deals in Bulgaria for January-June 2016
- » Bulgaria Ex-Energy Min 'Demoted' in Parliament over Pending Allegations
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Ministry Invites Chinese Firms to Sofia Tech Park
- » Bulgaria Drops to 39th Place in World Bank's Doing Business Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Finance Ministry Publishes 2017 Draft Budget
- » Bulgaria's Govt to End State Aid Contract with Fibank