1 Ton of Toxin-Infected Cheese Destroyed in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Food Safety Agency has destroyed 1 ton of cheese infected with the dangerous aflatoxin.
The cheese with high levels of alfatoxin was discovered during a routine inspection of a dairy farm near the town of Lovech.
People have not consumed any of the infected cheese, Food Safety Agency experts have assured.
There is no danger for the infection to spread outside the villages of Goran and Radovene, according to the experts.
The fodder that caused the infection is not commercially sold.
High-level aflatoxin exposure results an acute hepatic necrosis, resulting later in cirrhosis, and/or carcinoma of the liver.
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia
- » Environmental Pollution Kills Millions Around the world
- » A Warehouse Hub for Indian and Chinese Goods will be Built near Sandanski
- » Varna will Held International Technology Conference Innowave Business and Startup
- » ECB Chief Mario Draghi says Bitcoin Not Mature Enough for Consideration
- » ‘New frontier’ Bulgaria Attracts Real Estate Investors