1 Ton of Toxin-Infected Cheese Destroyed in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Food Safety Agency has destroyed 1 ton of cheese infected with the dangerous aflatoxin.
The cheese with high levels of alfatoxin was discovered during a routine inspection of a dairy farm near the town of Lovech.
People have not consumed any of the infected cheese, Food Safety Agency experts have assured.
There is no danger for the infection to spread outside the villages of Goran and Radovene, according to the experts.
The fodder that caused the infection is not commercially sold.
High-level aflatoxin exposure results an acute hepatic necrosis, resulting later in cirrhosis, and/or carcinoma of the liver.
- » DPS: We Will Give Radev 101 Days
- » President-Elect Rumen Radev To Assume Office
- » Friday Funday Ideas for Office Staff
- » Outgoing Deputy Foreign Minister Charged With Abuse of Office
- » EU Energy Commissioner Negotiates Key Energy Projects With Greek Govt
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016