Lingering Summer Breaks 7 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
An exceptionally warm fall in Bulgaria has kept temperatures summerly, with highs breaking daily records at seven locations Tuesday.
The warmest point in Bulgaria was Ahtopol on the far southern Black Sea coast with 30.6 degrees Centigrade, a temperature nearly equaled in major city of Burgas to the north (30.4 C).
Temperature records have been also marked in Dobrich (29.8 C), Veliko Tarnovo (29.6 C), Elhovo (29.4 C), Razgrad (29 C) and capital Sofia (25.8 C).
Forecasters from the National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology have explained that the unusually high temperatures have been brought by a strong southerly wind.
The Indian summer is expected to linger through Friday, with lows around 12 C and highs around 25 C, after which temperatures will drop off by a few degrees.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures