Lingering Summer Breaks 7 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
An exceptionally warm fall in Bulgaria has kept temperatures summerly, with highs breaking daily records at seven locations Tuesday.
The warmest point in Bulgaria was Ahtopol on the far southern Black Sea coast with 30.6 degrees Centigrade, a temperature nearly equaled in major city of Burgas to the north (30.4 C).
Temperature records have been also marked in Dobrich (29.8 C), Veliko Tarnovo (29.6 C), Elhovo (29.4 C), Razgrad (29 C) and capital Sofia (25.8 C).
Forecasters from the National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology have explained that the unusually high temperatures have been brought by a strong southerly wind.
The Indian summer is expected to linger through Friday, with lows around 12 C and highs around 25 C, after which temperatures will drop off by a few degrees.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice