Lingering Summer Breaks 7 Temperature Records in Bulgaria
An exceptionally warm fall in Bulgaria has kept temperatures summerly, with highs breaking daily records at seven locations Tuesday.
The warmest point in Bulgaria was Ahtopol on the far southern Black Sea coast with 30.6 degrees Centigrade, a temperature nearly equaled in major city of Burgas to the north (30.4 C).
Temperature records have been also marked in Dobrich (29.8 C), Veliko Tarnovo (29.6 C), Elhovo (29.4 C), Razgrad (29 C) and capital Sofia (25.8 C).
Forecasters from the National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology have explained that the unusually high temperatures have been brought by a strong southerly wind.
The Indian summer is expected to linger through Friday, with lows around 12 C and highs around 25 C, after which temperatures will drop off by a few degrees.
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption
- » Hurricane Maria Makes Landfall in Puerto Rico