Bulgarian Customs Nab 0.5 Kg Silver in Woman's Underwear
Bulgarian customs officers have discovered more than half a kilo of silver hidden amongst a woman's underwear in her luggage Tuesday.
The check was conducted in an international passenger train from Istanbul to Bucharest at Bulgaria's Svilengrad checkpoint at the Turkish border.
Upon inspecting a young female Romanian citizen's baggage, customs officers discovered a large amount of silver jewelry stuck in her personal underwar.
This comprised 45 pairs of earrings, 36 pendants, 29 rings, 5 chains, 14 bracelets, and additional silver material, all made of high proof silver.
The recovered contraband is estimated to be worth some EUR 1,500 and has been taken for confiscation.
Bulgaria's Customs Agency recalls that the limit for duty free transportation of silver items is 300 grams.
- » Russian Hacker Arrested in Spain
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody