Bulgarian Customs Nab 0.5 Kg Silver in Woman's Underwear
Bulgarian customs officers have discovered more than half a kilo of silver hidden amongst a woman's underwear in her luggage Tuesday.
The check was conducted in an international passenger train from Istanbul to Bucharest at Bulgaria's Svilengrad checkpoint at the Turkish border.
Upon inspecting a young female Romanian citizen's baggage, customs officers discovered a large amount of silver jewelry stuck in her personal underwar.
This comprised 45 pairs of earrings, 36 pendants, 29 rings, 5 chains, 14 bracelets, and additional silver material, all made of high proof silver.
The recovered contraband is estimated to be worth some EUR 1,500 and has been taken for confiscation.
Bulgaria's Customs Agency recalls that the limit for duty free transportation of silver items is 300 grams.
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor to Request Immunity of 7 MPs, 1 MEP
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany