Bulgarian Customs Nab 0.5 Kg Silver in Woman's Underwear
Bulgarian customs officers have discovered more than half a kilo of silver hidden amongst a woman's underwear in her luggage Tuesday.
The check was conducted in an international passenger train from Istanbul to Bucharest at Bulgaria's Svilengrad checkpoint at the Turkish border.
Upon inspecting a young female Romanian citizen's baggage, customs officers discovered a large amount of silver jewelry stuck in her personal underwar.
This comprised 45 pairs of earrings, 36 pendants, 29 rings, 5 chains, 14 bracelets, and additional silver material, all made of high proof silver.
The recovered contraband is estimated to be worth some EUR 1,500 and has been taken for confiscation.
Bulgaria's Customs Agency recalls that the limit for duty free transportation of silver items is 300 grams.
- » Bulgaria Prosecution 'Subject to Political Pressure' - Chief Prosecutor
- » Bulgaria Imam Detained in Operation Against 'Anti-Democratic Ideology' In 4 Cities
- » DANS Raids Roma Quarter in Pazardzhik, Seeks IS Supporters
- » Mayor of Bulgaria’s Nedelino Charged with Malfeasance in Office
- » Hundreds Of Bulgarians Set Up Home Drug Labs
- » Deputy Mayor of Bulgaria’s Saedinenie Charged with Embezzlement