New Violent Incident Shocks Sofia's 'College Town'
Three Bulgarian university students have been severely beaten in their dorm in the latest violent incident in Sofia's Studentski Grad ("College Town") quarter.
The College Town in the Bulgarian capital, which hosts the dormitories of all universities in the city, has become notorious because of violent incidents, intensive nightlife, and obvious presence of organized crime.
The incident reported Tuesday by the police happened overnight when four men entered a Sofia University dorm in Building 54, and assaulted three college students.
All three students have been hospitalized, and the police are yet to reveal details about the causes of the incident.
The attackers have been arrested shortly after the fight by officers of Sofia's 7th precinct.
The most violent recent incident in a Studentski Grad dorm occurred on March 1, 2012, when 19-year-old Mario Danchev was stabbed to death by his roommate, in a fight in which Danchev, his twin brother, and a friend attacked Danchev's roommate.
- » Police Detain 78 Illegal Immigrants at Sofia-based Hostel
- » Bulgaria's Interim PM Appears in Court as Applicant
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency Seizes 8,000 L of Dyed Fuel
- » Trafficking of 30 Endangered Jaco Parrots Prevented at Bulgarian Border
- » Bulgarians Sentenced in France over Gas Pump Skimming Attempt
- » Police Destroys Almost 10 T Of Cannabis Near Petrich