New Violent Incident Shocks Sofia's 'College Town'
Three Bulgarian university students have been severely beaten in their dorm in the latest violent incident in Sofia's Studentski Grad ("College Town") quarter.
The College Town in the Bulgarian capital, which hosts the dormitories of all universities in the city, has become notorious because of violent incidents, intensive nightlife, and obvious presence of organized crime.
The incident reported Tuesday by the police happened overnight when four men entered a Sofia University dorm in Building 54, and assaulted three college students.
All three students have been hospitalized, and the police are yet to reveal details about the causes of the incident.
The attackers have been arrested shortly after the fight by officers of Sofia's 7th precinct.
The most violent recent incident in a Studentski Grad dorm occurred on March 1, 2012, when 19-year-old Mario Danchev was stabbed to death by his roommate, in a fight in which Danchev, his twin brother, and a friend attacked Danchev's roommate.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud