Bulgaria's Pironkova Upsets Lepchenko in Moscow
Bulgaria's top tennis playerTsvetana Pironkova defeated US No. 2 Varvara Lepchenko in the first round of the Kremlin Cup in Moscow on Tuesday.
Slow-starting Lepchenko was swept off the court in the first set, but went a break up in the second before Pironkova reeled her in and won the match on the tiebreak for a 6-0, 7-6(3) win, RIA Novosti informs.
Pironkova, ranked 23 places below Lepchenko at No. 44, faces either reigning champion Dominika Cibulkova or Russia's Ekaterina Makarova in the second round.
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again
- » Ludogorets, Basel Tied 1:1 in Champions League Group Game
- » World Chess Federation Confirms Bulgaria's Suspension