Bulgaria's Pironkova Upsets Lepchenko in Moscow
Bulgaria's top tennis playerTsvetana Pironkova defeated US No. 2 Varvara Lepchenko in the first round of the Kremlin Cup in Moscow on Tuesday.
Slow-starting Lepchenko was swept off the court in the first set, but went a break up in the second before Pironkova reeled her in and won the match on the tiebreak for a 6-0, 7-6(3) win, RIA Novosti informs.
Pironkova, ranked 23 places below Lepchenko at No. 44, faces either reigning champion Dominika Cibulkova or Russia's Ekaterina Makarova in the second round.
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Off to Successful Start in Miami Tennis Open
- » Potential Majority Owners Withdraw from Bulgaria's CSKA
- » Bulgaria's Borislav Mihaylov Reelected to UEFA's Executive Committee
- » Potential Majority Owner Starts Financial Inspection at Bulgaria's CSKA
- » KTB Majority Owner Withdraws from Botev Plovdiv PFC
- » Pete Sampras Predicts Bright Future for Bulgaria's Grigor Dimtirov