Bulgaria's Pironkova Upsets Lepchenko in Moscow
Bulgaria's top tennis playerTsvetana Pironkova defeated US No. 2 Varvara Lepchenko in the first round of the Kremlin Cup in Moscow on Tuesday.
Slow-starting Lepchenko was swept off the court in the first set, but went a break up in the second before Pironkova reeled her in and won the match on the tiebreak for a 6-0, 7-6(3) win, RIA Novosti informs.
Pironkova, ranked 23 places below Lepchenko at No. 44, faces either reigning champion Dominika Cibulkova or Russia's Ekaterina Makarova in the second round.
- » Bulgaria's Leading Telecom Becomes Sponsor of Levski Sofia Football Club
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Brazilian Left Back as Eighth New Player
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Proceeds to Second Round of ITF Tournament in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix
- » Multifunctional Sports Hall to Open next to Sofia Central Railway Station