Bulgarian Coach Sacked for 3rd Time by Same Club in 1 Season
Bulgarian football club Etar Veliko Tarnovo has sacked coach Tsanko Tsvetanov for the third time this season.
Tsvetanov was first fired in August after a 0:1 defeat at the hands of Beroe and then again in September, when the team lost 0:1 to Pirin Gotse Delchev. However, he was reinstated both times following protests from fans.
The club's owner suspected Tsvetanov of match-fixing.
The former Bulgaria international has now been fired due to a "series of statements against Turkish owner Feyzi Ilhanli and actions that undermine the prestige of the club."
The Tsvetanov situation is the latest in the series of bizarre news from the Bulgarian football championship. Last week, Lokomotiv Plovdiv coach Georgi Ivanov resigned only a single day after taking charge of the club, blaming "organizational chaos" for his decision.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round