Huge Landslide Inflicts Damage on Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
A huge landslide has been activated on the northern Black Sea coast of Bulgaria, in the area between the Golden Sands resort and the town of Kranevo.
The strip covered by the landslide is about 2 km, while the fishermen village near the shoreline is the most affected. The road leading to the water is completely destroyed with some of the fishermen trailers buried by the land mass.
Eight people have been temporarily blocked, but have already managed to leave. No one has been injured.
The landslide was activated Sunday, bringing down huge land mass that inflicted serious damage. A 100-year-old lighthouse has been fully destroyed along with damages to several nearby vacation homes, and several stranded automobiles.
The Civil Defense have sealed the area. Local authorities alarm of the possibility of closing the main road between Golden Sands and Kranevo because it is only 40 meters away from the landslide.
Crisis headquarters has been formed.
- » Yellow Code For a Strong Wind Across The Country
- » 142 Snowmobiles have been Cleaning Sofia Last Night
- » Sofia Municipality will Fight the Polluted Air with an Operation to Collect Old Tires
- » Be 'Ready to GO!' Southern California Warns Residents as Fires Rage
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures of 9-14°C
- » The Agung Volcano on Bali Erupted Again