Dutch-Sought Bulgarian Criminal Busted in Sofia
A Bulgarian man, who has been sought by authorities in the Netherlands, has been arrested in Sofia.
The news was reported by the Interior Ministry's press center Sunday.
The operation was carried out by the Main Directorate National Police and the 1st Police Precinct.
The criminal, identified only as G.G., 40, has been arrested in the late afternoon of October 12 at a subway station.
He had an international search warrant, issued in August 2012 by the Netherlands, over his effective jail sentence of 6 years and 9 months.
The sentence stems from participation between 2000 and 2007 in an organized crime group dealing with human trafficking and sexual exploitation, abuse, physical threats, and arranging fake marriages.
The Bulgarian has been one of the ringleaders of the gang, which operated in the Netherlands, Germany and Bulgaria. His extradition to the Netherlands is pending.
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.