Dutch-Sought Bulgarian Criminal Busted in Sofia
A Bulgarian man, who has been sought by authorities in the Netherlands, has been arrested in Sofia.
The news was reported by the Interior Ministry's press center Sunday.
The operation was carried out by the Main Directorate National Police and the 1st Police Precinct.
The criminal, identified only as G.G., 40, has been arrested in the late afternoon of October 12 at a subway station.
He had an international search warrant, issued in August 2012 by the Netherlands, over his effective jail sentence of 6 years and 9 months.
The sentence stems from participation between 2000 and 2007 in an organized crime group dealing with human trafficking and sexual exploitation, abuse, physical threats, and arranging fake marriages.
The Bulgarian has been one of the ringleaders of the gang, which operated in the Netherlands, Germany and Bulgaria. His extradition to the Netherlands is pending.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses