Bulgaria Coach to Call Up Berbatov Once Again - Report
Bulgaria coach Lyuboslav Penev will once again try to persuade Dimitar Bebratov to return to his home country's team, according to a local media report.
Penev sent a call-up to Berbatov to play for Bulgaria in the World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Armenia in September, but the striker declined.
However, the Bulgarian coach now believes Berbatov may have changed his mind now that he has calmed down after leaving Manchester United and settling at Fulham, according to the report.
Berbatov may receive a call-up for Bulgaria's upcoming friendly against Ukraine in November.
Dimitar Berbatov announced at the beginning of May 2010 his retirement from international football with immediate effect. He was captain of his country and scored a national record 48 goals in 74 matches.
- » Grigor Dimitrov's Photo is Among the 17 Most Popular For 2017
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16