Bulgaria Coach to Call Up Berbatov Once Again - Report
Bulgaria coach Lyuboslav Penev will once again try to persuade Dimitar Bebratov to return to his home country's team, according to a local media report.
Penev sent a call-up to Berbatov to play for Bulgaria in the World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Armenia in September, but the striker declined.
However, the Bulgarian coach now believes Berbatov may have changed his mind now that he has calmed down after leaving Manchester United and settling at Fulham, according to the report.
Berbatov may receive a call-up for Bulgaria's upcoming friendly against Ukraine in November.
Dimitar Berbatov announced at the beginning of May 2010 his retirement from international football with immediate effect. He was captain of his country and scored a national record 48 goals in 74 matches.
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Boyan Petrov Becomes First Bulgarian to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September
- » Bulgaria Hosting European Pétanque Championship
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov to Face Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match in Sofia