Bulgaria Coach to Call Up Berbatov Once Again - Report
Bulgaria coach Lyuboslav Penev will once again try to persuade Dimitar Bebratov to return to his home country's team, according to a local media report.
Penev sent a call-up to Berbatov to play for Bulgaria in the World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Armenia in September, but the striker declined.
However, the Bulgarian coach now believes Berbatov may have changed his mind now that he has calmed down after leaving Manchester United and settling at Fulham, according to the report.
Berbatov may receive a call-up for Bulgaria's upcoming friendly against Ukraine in November.
Dimitar Berbatov announced at the beginning of May 2010 his retirement from international football with immediate effect. He was captain of his country and scored a national record 48 goals in 74 matches.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris