Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Shooting at Bus in Sofia Breaks Windows, Nobody Hurt
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Spy Chief Faces New Embezzlement Charges
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Formally Indicted over Abuse of Office
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Removing Plovdiv Mayor
- » Five Bulgarian Customs Officers to Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria's IntMin 'Has No Info' on Int'l People Smuggling Ring Busted by Turkey