Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » New Armed Robbery Taped in Sofia, Released on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen