Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » France Files Charges Against Terror Suspect Extradited from Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation