Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Bomb Threats Close All Banks in Bulgaria's Razgrad
- » Embezzelement Trial against Bulgarian Consultancy Head Suspended
- » Man Who Joked about Bomb on Polish Plane Released on Bail
- » Bulgaria Court to Decide on Arrest of Polish Man over Plane Bomb 'Joke'
- » EU Sofia Heating Utility Boss Gets Final 3-Year Sentence
- » Controversial Bulgarian Judge Dismissed