Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Court Imposes House Arrest on 'Putin Opponent' Nikolai Kobliakov
- » Sofia Prosecution Demands Detention for Nikolai Kobliakov
- » Tens of Turkish Policemen Arrested over 'Plotting' against Gov't
- » Bulgarian Border Police Seizes Heroin worth BGN 5.7M
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring