Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » US Embassy in Sofia's Ex-Employee Investigated over 'Mafia Links'
- » Bulgarian Court Overturns Marijuana Grower Acquittal
- » Bulgarian Clinic Reportedly Involved in Organ Transplants Ring
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
- » Bulgaria Is Leader in Skimmer Attacks – Report
- » Boss of US ATM Fraud Scheme 'Has Ties to Bulgarian Underworld'