Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man