Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Jihadis 'Traveling on Fake Passports from Bulgaria'
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'