Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Bulgarian Nationalist MP Sentenced to Two Years of Probation
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 39 Irregular Migrants near Burgas
- » Bulgarian Man Detained over Arms Trafficking in Hungary
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Military Medical Academy Indicted
- » Sofia Court Upholds 10-Year Sentence of Ex Spy Chief
- » German Police Arrest Three Bulgarians over Bank Card Skimming