Robbers Tear ATM form Wall in Sofia, Run Away Empty-handed
Robbers tore an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) from a wall in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, only to leave it in the middle of a street in the wee hours of Saturday.
The unidentified robbers used an iron rope attached to their SUV in order to tear the ATM from a wall outside the Third City Hospital in downtown Sofia, authorities have told the Bulgarian National Radio.
It is unclear why the perpetrators decided to leave the ATM and disappear without collecting any cash.
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
- » Sarafovo Attack: Bulgarian Court Fails to Launch Trial
- » Bulgarian-Australian National Detained over Terrorism 'Sympathized with IS'
- » Syrian Man Shot Near Central Sofia 'Involved in People Smuggling'
- » Plovdiv Chief Architect Removed over 'Numerous Violations'
- » Bulgaria Launches Terrorism Trial against 3 Syrians