Kosovo May Make 1st Step towards EU in June 2013
Kosovo could take the first major step towards entering the European Union by June 2013 if it delivers progress in four main areas, according to EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele.
The resumption of dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina "as itself is not a precondition" for Kosovo to start negotiations with the EU on a Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA), the first formal contract on a long path towards membership of the bloc, Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele has said.
"You cannot find it among the four (priorities) that I have listed for the (European) Commission to present the mandate for (Kosovo) negotiations to the member states," Fuele told reporters after meeting Kosovo prime minister Hashim Thaci, as cited by The Financial.
- » Serbs and Croats 'Will Have to be Allies in Future'
- » Mexico in 3-Day Countdown to Search for Earthquake Survivors
- » New European Copyright Reforms in the Digital Single Market - Is There a Threat to Quality Journalism?
- » First Results of the Referendum on Independence of Kurdistan
- » The Winner of Eurovision - 2017 is in Hospital, Waiting for a Heart Donor
- » The Authorities in China Completely Blocked WhatsApp