Kosovo May Make 1st Step towards EU in June 2013
Kosovo could take the first major step towards entering the European Union by June 2013 if it delivers progress in four main areas, according to EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele.
The resumption of dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina "as itself is not a precondition" for Kosovo to start negotiations with the EU on a Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA), the first formal contract on a long path towards membership of the bloc, Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele has said.
"You cannot find it among the four (priorities) that I have listed for the (European) Commission to present the mandate for (Kosovo) negotiations to the member states," Fuele told reporters after meeting Kosovo prime minister Hashim Thaci, as cited by The Financial.
- » NATO Starts Flights over Romania and Poland to Monitor Ukraine
- » Huge Explosion Hits Manhattan, New York, Buildings Collapse
- » EU Considers Sanctions Against the US Because Of Surveillance
- » Ukrainian PM to Meet Obama at White House
- » New Public Sector Strike in Greece Calls for End to Austerity
- » Last Communication of Disappeared Malayisian Plane Revealed