Kosovo May Make 1st Step towards EU in June 2013
Kosovo could take the first major step towards entering the European Union by June 2013 if it delivers progress in four main areas, according to EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele.
The resumption of dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina "as itself is not a precondition" for Kosovo to start negotiations with the EU on a Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA), the first formal contract on a long path towards membership of the bloc, Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele has said.
"You cannot find it among the four (priorities) that I have listed for the (European) Commission to present the mandate for (Kosovo) negotiations to the member states," Fuele told reporters after meeting Kosovo prime minister Hashim Thaci, as cited by The Financial.
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016