Bulgarian PM to FinMin: Get Football Derby Televised!
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has ordered Finance Minister Simeon Djankov to secure the live Bulgarian National Television broadcast of the upcoming clash between Sofia archrivals Levski and CSKA.
The 2012/13 season of the Bulgarian A professional football league has not been aired on TV, since football clubs and TV channels have failed to reach a deal for the amount of money needed to grant airing rights.
This means that the Levski - CSKA clash may end up not being broadcast for the first time in many decades.
However, Borisov has told a Council of Ministers sitting that he is determined to "assist" all football clubs willing to get their games broadcast.
The Prime Minister has told Djankov that he should negotiate with the Bulgarian National Television and the football clubs willing to have their games aired, so that the situation could change.
Levski Sofia and CSKA Sofia will face each other in an A league game on October 20.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets To Face Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bazel
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scores US Open 1st Round Win against American Ryan Harrison
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed
- » Guinness Record Holder to Run Bulgaria's Persenk Ultramarathon 2014