Bulgaria Unites in Support of Quake-Shaken City
The Bulgarian Red Cross has declared October 11 a national day of support for the city of Pernik that was affected by a strong earthquake in May 2012.
Aid and donations will be gathered at various Red Cross stations across the country on Thursday, local media have informed.
The campaign in support of the affected Pernik region will last until October 18.
Approximately BGN 14 M has been gathered so far for the repair of affected buildings, Pernik District Governor Ivo Petrov has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
A 5.8-magnitude earthquake shook the Pernik area on May 22, damaging buildings in the city and in several other communities.
The May 22 earthquake affected over 10 000 households in the Pernik region.
- » Injured Police Officers in Violent Clashes in Paris (Video)
- » Bulgarian Photographer Took First Prize of a Prestigious Competition
- » Dozens Injured in Train Accident in Austria
- » Saudi Arabia's First Cinema in Over 35 Years Open Doors
- » Rain in Some Areas Today in Bulgaria, Thunders in Southwest Regions in Afternoon
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Provided Asylum mainly to Syrians in 2017