Bulgaria Unites in Support of Quake-Shaken City
The Bulgarian Red Cross has declared October 11 a national day of support for the city of Pernik that was affected by a strong earthquake in May 2012.
Aid and donations will be gathered at various Red Cross stations across the country on Thursday, local media have informed.
The campaign in support of the affected Pernik region will last until October 18.
Approximately BGN 14 M has been gathered so far for the repair of affected buildings, Pernik District Governor Ivo Petrov has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
A 5.8-magnitude earthquake shook the Pernik area on May 22, damaging buildings in the city and in several other communities.
The May 22 earthquake affected over 10 000 households in the Pernik region.
- » US Film Director Ted Kotcheff Applies for Bulgarian Citizenship
- » Bulgarian-Finish Documentary “Love&Engineering” Out in Bulgarian Cinemas
- » Public Trust in Bulgarian Media Further Down in 2015 - Survey
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7
- » Bulgarian Government Approves National Youth Programme
- » Train Crash in Germany Leaves at Least Several Dead