Bulgaria Unites in Support of Quake-Shaken City
The Bulgarian Red Cross has declared October 11 a national day of support for the city of Pernik that was affected by a strong earthquake in May 2012.
Aid and donations will be gathered at various Red Cross stations across the country on Thursday, local media have informed.
The campaign in support of the affected Pernik region will last until October 18.
Approximately BGN 14 M has been gathered so far for the repair of affected buildings, Pernik District Governor Ivo Petrov has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
A 5.8-magnitude earthquake shook the Pernik area on May 22, damaging buildings in the city and in several other communities.
The May 22 earthquake affected over 10 000 households in the Pernik region.
- » Just 10% of Disabled in Bulgaria Employed
- » Orban Drives Out Central European University
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards