North Korea: Our Rockets Can Reach US!
North Korea has declared that its missiles can reach the US mainland - a statement that comes in response to South Korea newly unveiled missile deal with the US.
"We do not hide [the fact] that the revolutionary armed forces ... including the strategic rocket forces are keeping within the scope of strike not only the bases of the puppet forces and the US imperialist aggression forces' bases in the inviolable land of Korea, but also Japan, Guam and the US mainland," North Korea's National Defence Commission said in a statement, as cited by The Guardian.
The statement follows Seoul's announcement that it would almost triple the range of its own missile system.
South Korea on Sunday unveiled an agreement with the United States that extends the range of its ballistic missiles by more than twice its current limit to 497 miles (800km) as a deterrent to the North.
- » Over 10,000 African Migrants Fled to Italy This Week
- » Kosovo FM to Attend Belgrade Conference, Risks Being Arrested
- » Julian Assange to Be Interrogated by Swedish Prosecutors in London
- » UN Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Yemen as Special Adviser Resigns
- » Another Ukrainian Journalist Found Dead, Murder Suspected
- » Spain Investigates ex-IMF Chief on Fraud, Money Laundering Allegations
One good thing about the apparent increase in N.Korea's armed activity is that it is costing their government more money, money they can ill afford which will mean that "the eastern evil empire" will crash at some point soon. May they rest in peace. Their people maybe then can take control of their own destiny rise above the surf level they are currently kept under.