Schmeichel Out of Denmark's Qualifier against Bulgaria
Denmark's goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel will skip the World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria on Friday.
The son of former Denmark goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has requested that he stays home close to his wife, who is expected to give birth to their child these days.
Kasper Schmeichel, who is a member of Leicester City, will be replaced by Norseland's goalkeeper Jesper Hansen.
The Bulgarian side has called up Verona striker Valeri Bojinov for the upcoming World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Denmark and the Czech Republic.
Bojinov missed Bulgaria's first two games in qualifying Group B against Italy (2:2) and Armenia (1:0).
Expectedly, Fulham's Dimitar Berbatov has not returned to the team, while Bolton's Martin Petrov is left out of the squad once again.
Bulgaria is currently ranked second in Group B with four points, level with leaders Italy.
It managed to keep to a 2-2 draw Euro 2012 runners-up Italy and defeated Armenia 1-0.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans