Schmeichel Out of Denmark's Qualifier against Bulgaria
Denmark's goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel will skip the World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria on Friday.
The son of former Denmark goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has requested that he stays home close to his wife, who is expected to give birth to their child these days.
Kasper Schmeichel, who is a member of Leicester City, will be replaced by Norseland's goalkeeper Jesper Hansen.
The Bulgarian side has called up Verona striker Valeri Bojinov for the upcoming World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Denmark and the Czech Republic.
Bojinov missed Bulgaria's first two games in qualifying Group B against Italy (2:2) and Armenia (1:0).
Expectedly, Fulham's Dimitar Berbatov has not returned to the team, while Bolton's Martin Petrov is left out of the squad once again.
Bulgaria is currently ranked second in Group B with four points, level with leaders Italy.
It managed to keep to a 2-2 draw Euro 2012 runners-up Italy and defeated Armenia 1-0.
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams