NOI Approves Bulgaria's 2013 Draft Social Security Budget
The Supervisory Board of Bulgaria's National Social Security Institute, NOI, approved Monday the 2013 draft social security budget.
Representatives of the Confederation of Independent Syndicates in Bulgaria (KNSB) and of Podkrepa labor union, (Support) voted "against" because they say it increases the deficit of NOI.
Both unions oppose the increase of pensions from April 1 at a rate that depends on the year of retirement. They insist the increase must be equal for all.
Before being approved by the Council of Ministers and submitted to the Parliament, the draft social security budget for 2013 will be discussed by the National Three-Way Council between the Cabinet, the business and the labor unions.
Besides the increase of pensions by up to 9.8%, effective April 1, another change is upping maximum insurable earnings from BGN 2 000 to BGN 2 200.
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Government to Discuss New Bank Law
- » USD 25 B in Illicit Flows Syphoned Off from Bulgaria in 10 Years
- » Drop in Fuel Prices Results in Deflation in Bulgaria
- » FinMin Repays Municipalities' Funds Blocked in Corpbank