19 Bulgarian Districts Alerted over Strong Winds
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared on Monday for 19 districts in Bulgaria.
Stormy winds are expected in the districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Lovech, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Silistra, Shumen, Varna, Burgas, Dobrich, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Sliven and Yambol.
The weather is to remain windy for most of the day, especially in Northern Bulgaria and the country's easternmost regions, where the winds will reach velocities of between 18 and 23 meters per second.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in the Afternoon
- » Weak Earthquake Registered Nearby Devin
- » Mostly Sunny Today with Temporary Cloud Increases
- » Most of the Country Will be Cloudy Today with Light Showers in Places
- » Bulgaria Nominates Four Biosphere Reserves For Inclusion in UNESCO’s World Network of Biosphere Reserves