19 Bulgarian Districts Alerted over Strong Winds
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared on Monday for 19 districts in Bulgaria.
Stormy winds are expected in the districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Lovech, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Silistra, Shumen, Varna, Burgas, Dobrich, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Sliven and Yambol.
The weather is to remain windy for most of the day, especially in Northern Bulgaria and the country's easternmost regions, where the winds will reach velocities of between 18 and 23 meters per second.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Ministry Reports Substantial Reduction in Plastic Bag Use
- » EU to Implement Policies on Reduction of Plastic Bags Usage
- » Eco Ministry Advises Tsarevo Authorities on Removing Concrete along Sand Dunes
- » Sofia's Waste Treatment Plant – Second Largest in Europe
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels