19 Bulgarian Districts Alerted over Strong Winds
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared on Monday for 19 districts in Bulgaria.
Stormy winds are expected in the districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Lovech, Pleven, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Silistra, Shumen, Varna, Burgas, Dobrich, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Sliven and Yambol.
The weather is to remain windy for most of the day, especially in Northern Bulgaria and the country's easternmost regions, where the winds will reach velocities of between 18 and 23 meters per second.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday