Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Point Switches to Card Payments Only for Toll Fees as of June
- » Bulgarian Dairy Farmers to Stage National Protest, Block Road
- » Ruling Party GERB Boasts 97 MP Signatures in Support of Constitutional Amendments
- » Bulgarian Police Arrests Over 60 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian PM, Agriculture Minister Meet Stock Breeders
- » Bulgaria's Cabinet, Social Partners Reach Agreement on Pension Reforms