Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Nationalist Party Proposes Bulgaria to Join Russian-led Coalition Against IS
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 55 Illegal Immigrants, Two Smugglers
- » Bulgaria MPs to Discuss Access to Public Information
- » Defense Minister Rejects Resignation of Bulgaria’s Military Intelligence Chief
- » Bulgarian PM Expresses Support for Director of Defence Information Service
- » Bulgaria to Open 312 Overseas Polling Stations for Referendum on E-Voting