Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues