Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.