Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » First Tripartite Gov't Consultations to Be Held Thursday
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Has Focused on Fighting Human Trafficking- Caretaker Minister
- » Government Negotiations Agony Extends Into Next Week
- » Interim PM Points Budget Overhaul as Only Way to Pay Back KTB Deposits
- » Borisov 'Almost Ready' to Form Gov't Alone, Calls PF 'Unacceptable'
- » Bulgaria’s Security Agency Awarded Extra BGN 250 000 to Handle Migration Flows