Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 31.5 M on Repairing Second-, Third-Class Roads
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
- » Parliament Finally Overturns Audit Office Act Veto
- » Bomb Signal Alerts Sofia Courthouse
- » Ex-President Parvanov: Early Elections Are Pressing
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Amendments to Agricultural Land Act