Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Petition for Election Rules Referendum Brought to Parliament
- » Bulgarian Supreme Judicial Council Member To Be Sacked
- » Leader of DPS Party Vows Firm Support for Bulgaria's Coalition Govt
- » Bulgarian Socialists' Leader Warns Against Substitution of Politics
- » Bulgarian PM Highlights Main Achievements, Future Commitments
- » Bulgaria's PM to Meet Journalists at Open Govt Conference