Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boyko Borisov Returns Mandate
- » Outgoing PM Plamen Oresharski: I Have No Regrets
- » Resignation 'Will Not Lead to Economic Recovery' - BIA Chairman
- » Bulgarian Outgoing Ministers React to Cabinet Resignation
- » Gov't 'Worked in Most Difficult Environment in Recent History' - PM