Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Bulgaria with New Right-Wing Coalition by 2014
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Submit Antitrust Package in Early 2014
- » Bulgaria's Employment Agency Head Sacked
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision
- » Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
- » Bulgarian Students Protest against Interior Ministry Draft