Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Bulgarian MPs: Ceiling of 35 Voting Sections Abolished for EU countries
- » Mestan: Oresharski Is Not DPS' Real Candidate
- » Anti-Refugee Protests To Be Held in Sofia, Varna, Yambol
- » Merely 2% of Bulgarians Use Flu Vaccines
- » Complaints Against Toplofikatsiya Sofia Increase by 216% in One Year
- » Bike Rental Network To Become Operational in Sofia in 2017