Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM: No Signals About Violations Corrupting Electoral Process
- » Bulgaria's SCC Fails To Launch Sarafovo Trial
- » ABV - Movement 21 Coalition Says Election Result "Disappointing"
- » DOST Demands Cassation of Bulgaria's Snap Elections
- » Slavi Trifonov: I Am Being Subjected to Censorship
- » Ninova: BSP Got Best Result Since 2009