Bulgaria Holds Partial Local Mayoral Elections
Several locations in Bulgaria are holding partial local mayoral elections Sunday.
The largest one is in the central town of Kalofer where 2 850 voters must elect between incumbent mayor, Rumen Stoyanov, nominated by an initiative committee, Lalka Dragoeva from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and Yordan Kolev, from the nearly-extinct party of former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Movement for Stability and Prosperity, NMSP.
Mayoral elections are held in another 8 villages across Bulgaria.
Polls opened at 6 am and will close at 7 pm Sunday.
- » 25 Officers of Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing Point Dismissed
- » Bulgaria’s Ruling Party Proposes 10-Year Limitation Period for Natural Persons
- » ABV's Reelected Leader Demands Reshuffle in Bulgaria's Govt
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: KTB Employees Have Been Unlawfully Fired
- » Bulgarian PM Pledges Support for State Customs Agency Chief
- » Bulgaria’s Army to Assist Border Police Officers as of Monday