Bulgarian Woman Dies in Care of Reportedly Drunken Doctor
A 35-year-old woman from Bulgaria's western city of Pernik has died in the hospital in the town of Dupnitsa after being admitted by a doctor on duty, who had nearly 2.5 per mills of alcohol blood-level.
The woman has been taken to the St Ivan Rilski hospital by relatives, who upon seeing the doctor became suspicious he was drunken and called the police for assistance.
The test showed the above alcohol content.
Meanwhile, colleagues have insisted that the said doctor never used alcohol and did not smoke.
The woman is from the Roma minority and did not have health insurance, it also emerged. The body has been sent for autopsy.
She had been a coma for 5 days before being taken to the hospital, the news agency BGNES informs.
Pre-trail proceedings for reckless murder committed by an unknown perpetrator have been launched on charges the patient had not been taken care of accordingly, the Kyustendil police informs Sunday.
- » Painter Salvador Dali's Body to be Exhumed For Paternity Suit
- » Yellow Code for Heat in 16 Regions, Thunders Expected in 10
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer