Bulgarian State to Aid Chicken, Pig Breeders
The Bulgarian state will the first time allot funds to aid chicken- and pig-breeding, informed Bulgarian Deputy Agriculture Minister Tsvetan Dimitrov.
According to Dimitrov, those are two of the most vulnerable sectors in Bulgaria's agriculture industry.
Payments will start November 1, after the European Commission approved the state aid, following a request from Bulgaria.
"Saturday morning we received information that the scheme we proposed has been approved so we will be starting to distribute BGN 22-25 M in the sector," said Dimitrov.
He added that within some 10 days, the Bulgarian state will also fulfill the yearly payments to sheep and cattle breeders.
- » Bulgaria’s 2015 Arms Exports Top EUR 640 M, Up 50% Y/Y
- » Sweden’s Assa Abloy Acquires Bulgarian-Based Locking Systems Maker Mauer
- » China’s Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co. Considering Production in Bulgaria
- » Workers to Protest Again over Closure of Tobacco Plant in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Govt Proposes to Ban Sale of Two Key Arms Firms
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Top Software Outsourcing Destinations, Studies Show