Bulgarian State to Aid Chicken, Pig Breeders
The Bulgarian state will the first time allot funds to aid chicken- and pig-breeding, informed Bulgarian Deputy Agriculture Minister Tsvetan Dimitrov.
According to Dimitrov, those are two of the most vulnerable sectors in Bulgaria's agriculture industry.
Payments will start November 1, after the European Commission approved the state aid, following a request from Bulgaria.
"Saturday morning we received information that the scheme we proposed has been approved so we will be starting to distribute BGN 22-25 M in the sector," said Dimitrov.
He added that within some 10 days, the Bulgarian state will also fulfill the yearly payments to sheep and cattle breeders.
- » Bulgaria Asks For Change In Mechanism For Contracting Prices For Russian Gas
- » Bulgaria May Ask For More Time to Explore Gazprom Concessions
- » Haskovo to Initiate Petition Against Pollution of Local Drinking Water With Uranium
- » British American Tobacco to Invest In Bulgaria Over EUR 1M
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Up and Down in EU
- » National Statistical Institute: Industrial Production Index up 3.7% in February Compared to Previous Month