Bulgarian State to Aid Chicken, Pig Breeders
The Bulgarian state will the first time allot funds to aid chicken- and pig-breeding, informed Bulgarian Deputy Agriculture Minister Tsvetan Dimitrov.
According to Dimitrov, those are two of the most vulnerable sectors in Bulgaria's agriculture industry.
Payments will start November 1, after the European Commission approved the state aid, following a request from Bulgaria.
"Saturday morning we received information that the scheme we proposed has been approved so we will be starting to distribute BGN 22-25 M in the sector," said Dimitrov.
He added that within some 10 days, the Bulgarian state will also fulfill the yearly payments to sheep and cattle breeders.
- » IMI Bulgaria Invests EUR 1.14 M in Botevgrad Property to Expand Capacity
- » Bulgaria PM Borisov Discussing Investment, Trade on Bavaria Visit
- » Illegal Coal Mining Challenges Bulgarian Energy Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Industrial Output Rises by 0.4% M/M in May
- » Russian Business Body Declines Cooperation with Bulgaria over Sanctions
- » German Meat Processing Co 'Exploring Opportunities in Bulgaria'