PES Leader Stanishev: We've Got to Stop GERB!
The Bulgarian Socialist Party is the only force who can prevent a second term in office of center-right ruling GERB party, said PES leader Sergey Stanishev, who also chairs the Bulgarian Socialists.
"Only BSP can stop GERB. A potential second term for the present rulers would be ruinous for our country," said Stanishev at a party meeting in Plovdiv.
"We do not have GERB's media and financial influence. We can oppose them only with policies and direct dialogue with people," added he.
According to Stanishev, open and honest dialogue is the most powerful mode of conveying one's convictions, and he said the socialists are ready to use to the fullest it in the coming months.
"We will go from door to door and from house to house to meet people," said the socialist leader.
In the summer of 2013, Bulgarians will vote on general elections. The previous July 2009 elections brought down a coalition cabinet headed by Stanishev, after of a resolute victory by current PM Boyko Borisov's GERB.
- » Repair Hinders Traffic on the Lyulin Highway
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: President Rumen Radev Looks Troubled and Envious of PM Borisov
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » The Ombudsman Organizes a Forum for the Protection of the Rights of Orphans
- » Establishments will be Closed in the Case of Systematic Violations of the Ban on Smoking