PES Leader Stanishev: We've Got to Stop GERB!
The Bulgarian Socialist Party is the only force who can prevent a second term in office of center-right ruling GERB party, said PES leader Sergey Stanishev, who also chairs the Bulgarian Socialists.
"Only BSP can stop GERB. A potential second term for the present rulers would be ruinous for our country," said Stanishev at a party meeting in Plovdiv.
"We do not have GERB's media and financial influence. We can oppose them only with policies and direct dialogue with people," added he.
According to Stanishev, open and honest dialogue is the most powerful mode of conveying one's convictions, and he said the socialists are ready to use to the fullest it in the coming months.
"We will go from door to door and from house to house to meet people," said the socialist leader.
In the summer of 2013, Bulgarians will vote on general elections. The previous July 2009 elections brought down a coalition cabinet headed by Stanishev, after of a resolute victory by current PM Boyko Borisov's GERB.
- » Borisov: No Coalitions, 1 Million Votes for GERB
- » Code Yellow Declared in 22 of Bulgaria's Regions
- » President Radev: I Will Not Assume Functions of PM
- » Govt Considering Alleviating Traffic Along Danube Bridge
- » 4 Turkish Tourists Rescued Near Bansko
- » Harsher Penalties Stipulated By Amendments to Road Traffic Act