Bulgarian Pulev's Manager: Klitschko Just Running Scared
World heavyweight star Wladimir Klitschko has postponed a keenly awaited face-off with European champion Kubrat Pulev aware the risk of defeat is high, the Bulgarian's manager has declared.
"Yes, I really think he is scared. Mostly because Kubrat is in excellent shape right now. Of course, he does not like us. That's for sure," Hagen Doering said in an interview for Tema Sport magazine.
"Wladimir Klitschko has the right to delay the match, but not for long. He has to defend his title every six months, otherwise stands the risk of losing it," he added.
A day earlier Klitschko's headquarters issued a statement, saying that a match against Kubrat Pulev is not on their agenda and it can be expected to be scheduled in a year at the earliest.
"I think Wladimir has become aware that at the moment Kubrat is the strongest and most dangerous opponent that he can face off," Doering said.
Pulev got a hero's reception back home on Monday after easily disposing of the previously unbeaten Russian giant Alexander Ustinov on Saturday in Hamburg, Germany.
With the win, the Bulgarian moved into the number one contender's spot in the IBF for a shot at a world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.
- » It is Official Cristiano Ronaldo is Staying at Bernabeu
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League