Bulgaria to Launch 'Online Consul' Service over Croatia Shell Scandal
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry is about to launch a new service called "online consul" that aims to inform Bulgarian citizens abroad about potential dangers (voluntary or not) they may commit abroad.
The move has been triggered by the recent case of Bulgarian Dimitar Boyanov who had to spend 18 days in a Croatian jail over an empty seashell he wanted to take home as a souvenir from a local beach.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has already launched disciplinary proceedings against the country's consul in Croatia, as he failed to protect Boyanov.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vesela Cherneva has told local media that the Ministry's website is to be upgraded to include detailed information on various countries by the end of next week.
- » The Meeting of the Austrian Chancellor with Borisov is Postponed due to Health Reasons
- » Bulgaria and Cape Verde will Cooperate in Tourism and Education
- » The Chancellor of Austria Arrives on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » The Foreign Ministry Working on Borisov-Trump Meeting
- » Hungarian Prime Minister Orban Arrives on an Official Visit to Sofia
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva: Bulgaria will not be Just the "Territory" for the EU-Turkey Summit