Bulgaria to Launch 'Online Consul' Service over Croatia Shell Scandal
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry is about to launch a new service called "online consul" that aims to inform Bulgarian citizens abroad about potential dangers (voluntary or not) they may commit abroad.
The move has been triggered by the recent case of Bulgarian Dimitar Boyanov who had to spend 18 days in a Croatian jail over an empty seashell he wanted to take home as a souvenir from a local beach.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has already launched disciplinary proceedings against the country's consul in Croatia, as he failed to protect Boyanov.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vesela Cherneva has told local media that the Ministry's website is to be upgraded to include detailed information on various countries by the end of next week.
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
- » Bulgarian President: Our Relationship with London Will be Active After Brexit
- » Italian PM: We Can Talk About Further Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Vice President Will be on a Working Visit to the Republic of Albania
- » Russian Ambassador to the US: The Meeting Between Putin and Trump in Danang was Encouraging
- » Putin Reported that Relations with Turkey were Fully Restored