Bulgaria to Launch 'Online Consul' Service over Croatia Shell Scandal
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry is about to launch a new service called "online consul" that aims to inform Bulgarian citizens abroad about potential dangers (voluntary or not) they may commit abroad.
The move has been triggered by the recent case of Bulgarian Dimitar Boyanov who had to spend 18 days in a Croatian jail over an empty seashell he wanted to take home as a souvenir from a local beach.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has already launched disciplinary proceedings against the country's consul in Croatia, as he failed to protect Boyanov.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Vesela Cherneva has told local media that the Ministry's website is to be upgraded to include detailed information on various countries by the end of next week.
- » Boyko Borisov Vows Direct Flight Sofia-United Arab Emirates in 2015
- » Hamas, Fatah 'to Form Unity Government'
- » Atanas Paparizov Elected Head of Bulgaria's Permanent Mission to WTO
- » Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
- » President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva