Bulgarian AgriMin Begs Retail Chains for Mercy on Christmas
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has called upon retail chains in the country to lower their prices on Christmas instead of increasing them.
Naydenov met with retail chain representatives on Tuesday, local media inform.
He reminded that prices are being lowered around Christmas in other countries, which he said would be a "miracle" in Bulgaria.
The retail chains in the country are in a severe competition with each other, and yet the consumption is low, he noted.
The position of the retail chains is yet to be made clear.
- » Building Permits Issued in Bulgaria Rise 3.4% Y/Y in Q1
- » Panama Papers: First 'Politically Exposed' Bulgarian Name Emerges
- » US-EU Energy Council Backs Bulgaria-Greece Gas Link
- » Bulgarian Govt Proposes to Ban Sale of Two Key Arms Firms
- » AlixPartners Accuse Corpbank Owner of Taking Money from His Bank
- » Receivers Make Public AlixPartners’ Final Report on Bulgaria’s Insolvent KTB