Bulgarian AgriMin Begs Retail Chains for Mercy on Christmas
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has called upon retail chains in the country to lower their prices on Christmas instead of increasing them.
Naydenov met with retail chain representatives on Tuesday, local media inform.
He reminded that prices are being lowered around Christmas in other countries, which he said would be a "miracle" in Bulgaria.
The retail chains in the country are in a severe competition with each other, and yet the consumption is low, he noted.
The position of the retail chains is yet to be made clear.
- » Nearly 1000 Firms in Bulgaria Delayed Salaries in 2013
- » Bulgarian MPs Mull Tax on All Types of Electricity Producers
- » Construction of Zinc Plant in Bulgaria's Kardzhali to Start in 2014
- » Bulgaria Mulls Setting Up Agency to Restrict Land Use by Foreigners
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Ordinance to Curb Construction Public Procurement Appeals in Bulgaria