Bulgarian AgriMin Begs Retail Chains for Mercy on Christmas
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has called upon retail chains in the country to lower their prices on Christmas instead of increasing them.
Naydenov met with retail chain representatives on Tuesday, local media inform.
He reminded that prices are being lowered around Christmas in other countries, which he said would be a "miracle" in Bulgaria.
The retail chains in the country are in a severe competition with each other, and yet the consumption is low, he noted.
The position of the retail chains is yet to be made clear.
- » Greece to Request Approval for Corporate Tax Cuts
- » Bulgaria's Debt Was EU's Second-Lowest in 2013
- » Ex Bulgarian President: Bulgaria Must Oppose South Stream Suspension
- » Apartment Prices in Bulgaria On the Rise After 1.5 Years' Drop
- » Retail Chains Contributed BGN 1 B in VAT to Bulgaria's Budget
- » Possible Gas Reserves at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh Block at 100 bcm