Bulgarian AgriMin Begs Retail Chains for Mercy on Christmas
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has called upon retail chains in the country to lower their prices on Christmas instead of increasing them.
Naydenov met with retail chain representatives on Tuesday, local media inform.
He reminded that prices are being lowered around Christmas in other countries, which he said would be a "miracle" in Bulgaria.
The retail chains in the country are in a severe competition with each other, and yet the consumption is low, he noted.
The position of the retail chains is yet to be made clear.
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes
- » Intl Consortium Proposes to Inject BGN 2.3B in Bulgaria's KTB - FinMin
- » Austria's Verbund to Sell Its Wind Farm in Bulgaria
- » Russia Ties Renewal of Supplies to Ukraine's First Chunk of Debt
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Moscow, Kiev Agree to Renew Gas Flow to Ukraine