Bulgarian AgriMin Begs Retail Chains for Mercy on Christmas
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has called upon retail chains in the country to lower their prices on Christmas instead of increasing them.
Naydenov met with retail chain representatives on Tuesday, local media inform.
He reminded that prices are being lowered around Christmas in other countries, which he said would be a "miracle" in Bulgaria.
The retail chains in the country are in a severe competition with each other, and yet the consumption is low, he noted.
The position of the retail chains is yet to be made clear.
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Improves in June
- » Bulgaria’s Gross Foreign Debt Reaches EUR 35.4 B at End-April 2016
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator Endorses Proposed 9.97% Cut in Gas Price for Q3 2016
- » 340 Danube Cruises to Pass Through Bulgaria's Ruse This Tourist Season
- » Bulgaria, US to Hold Joint Anti-Drug, Counter-Terrorism Training
- » Gazprom Ready for Turkish Stream Talks after Turkish Apology