Bulgaria's Higher Education to Get BGN 32 M More in 2013 Budget
Bulgaria's higher education sector will see its state funding go up by BGN 32 M in the 2013 State Budget Act, Education Minister Sergey Ignatov announced.
Ignatov spoke Monday as he opened the new academic year at Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, together with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, and Sofia University President Ivan Ilchev.
The three of them also opened a new library at the Foreign Languages Department at SU, which was built with EU funding.
In his address for the opening of the academic year, PM Borisov admitted that Bulgaria's education still has a long way to go to achieve "the necessary level".
- » Kevin Aspegren Appointed New President Of the AUBG
- » Plovdiv-based Technical University Eager to Welcome Chinese Students
- » Asteroid to Be Named after Son of Bulgarian Ex Parliament Speaker
- » Bulgarian High School Graduates Eye Foreign Universities
- » Bulgarian Students Win Medals At International Chemistry Olympiad
- » Bulgarian Students Win 3 Medals at Int'l Informatics Olympiad