Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made ??a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal