Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Bulgaria Loses to Argentina in Last Volleyball World League Match
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Third Round of Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria to Have Nine Representatives in UEFA Committees
- » Bulgaria's Rising Basketball Star Vezenkov Reportedly Joins Barcelona
- » Bulgaria's Beroe Wins, Litex Draws in First Qualifying Round of Europa League
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Captain of Romanian Football Champion