Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made ??a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic