Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made ??a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings
- » Bulgaria’s Asenova Becomes European Boxing Champion