Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made ??a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad