Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match