Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made ??a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Among the Top 10 in the World Tennis
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama Finishes 2nd in the Final of Nagoya Sumo Tournamen
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round