Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made ??a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open