Bulgaria's Pironkova Falls at First Hurdle in Beijing
Bulgarian best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova was eliminated in the first round of China Open women's singles in Beijing after losing 5:7, 4:6 to American Varvara Lepchenko.
The US player clinched her victory after a nearly two-hour game, which started very poorly for the Bulgarian. Even though Pironkova made a breakthrough early in the second set, her opponent did not let her turn around the final result.
Pironkova, 25, gained 5 points for the world ranking, where she is currently at spot 44.
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again
- » Ludogorets, Basel Tied 1:1 in Champions League Group Game
- » World Chess Federation Confirms Bulgaria's Suspension
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Professional Football Club Slides into Insolvency