Bulgaria Joins World Heart Day to Combat Biggest Killers
Bulgaria marks Saturday the World Heart Day with series of events and free exams in hospitals to raise awareness of cardiovascular diseases, which are the country's largest killers.
World Heart Day was created to inform people around the globe that heart disease and stroke are the world's leading cause of death, claiming 17,3 million lives each year.
The World Heart Federation informs that at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided if the main risk factors, tobacco, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, are controlled.
In partnership with WHO, the World Heart Federation organizes awareness events in more than 100 countries - including health checks, organized walks, runs and fitness sessions, public talks, stage shows, scientific forums, exhibitions, concerts, carnivals and sports tournaments.
World Heart Day was organized for the first time on September 24, 2000.
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Bulgaria's Child Mortality Is 2 Times Higher Than EU's
- » Israeli Investors Building 4 Oncological Centers in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Health Inspectorate Steps Up Checks on Indoor Smoking Ban
- » All Ambulances to Bear Posters in Support of Health Minister
- » Bulgaria 'to Invest EUR 300 M in Healthcare in 2016'