Bulgaria's Current Supreme Judicial Council Panel Holds Last Sitting
Bulgaria's outgoing Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) will hold Thursday its last sitting for its five year term in office.
Starting next Thursday, 22 newly elected VSS members will assume office, working alongside the Chairperson of the Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) Lazar Gruev, the Chairperson of the Supreme Administrative Court (VAS) Georgi Kolev, and the Chief Prosecutor Boris Velchev, who sit on the Council ex officio.
During its last sitting, the outgoing VSS panel will present a report on the activity of its permanent commissions for its five-year term in office and will bestow honorary badges and honorary diplomas for outstanding performance of magistrates.
The VSS members whose term in office expires will return to their posts held prior to their appointment at the Council.
- » NSI: Poverty Line for Bulgaria Was BGN 308.17 in 2016
- » Trade Union in Interior Ministry to Consider Protests Against Low Wages
- » Trial of Burgas Airport Terrorist Attack Fails to Start for 5th Time
- » 6 from Judges’ Quota Elected for Bulgaria’s Next Supreme Judicial Council
- » The Bulgarian Justice Minister is on a Working Visit to Brussels on 19 and 20 June
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Any Administrative Burden or Delay Create Tension in Society