Light Earthquake Registered on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 points on the Richter scale has been registered in northeastern Bulgaria Wednesday morning.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake's epicenter is located north of the town of Kavarna on the northern Black Sea coast. It has a depth of 10 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage and the shock, which occurred at 11:48 am, has not been felt by local residents.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice