Light Earthquake Registered on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 points on the Richter scale has been registered in northeastern Bulgaria Wednesday morning.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake's epicenter is located north of the town of Kavarna on the northern Black Sea coast. It has a depth of 10 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage and the shock, which occurred at 11:48 am, has not been felt by local residents.
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years
- » Code Yellow For Bad Weather Declared Along Sea Coast
- » Heavy Rains Expected in 8 Bulgarian Districts on Friday
- » Bulgarian Environmentalists Hold Protests Against Shale Gas
- » Eco Experts: Bulgaria's Zoos Don't Cover EU Standards
- » Annual Revenues from Illegal Logging in Bulgaria at BGN 100 M - WWF