Light Earthquake Registered on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 points on the Richter scale has been registered in northeastern Bulgaria Wednesday morning.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake's epicenter is located north of the town of Kavarna on the northern Black Sea coast. It has a depth of 10 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage and the shock, which occurred at 11:48 am, has not been felt by local residents.
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in 5 Bulgarian Regions on Sunday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire Declared in 10 Bulgarian Regions
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday