Light Earthquake Registered on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 points on the Richter scale has been registered in northeastern Bulgaria Wednesday morning.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake's epicenter is located north of the town of Kavarna on the northern Black Sea coast. It has a depth of 10 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage and the shock, which occurred at 11:48 am, has not been felt by local residents.
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains
- » Experts Identify 535 Areas At Risk Of Flooding in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Bans Unconventional Gas Technologies in Dobrudzha
- » Yellow Code Warning Remains in Force on Saturday for 7 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Environment Minister Bans Construction near Koral Camping