Light Earthquake Registered on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 points on the Richter scale has been registered in northeastern Bulgaria Wednesday morning.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake's epicenter is located north of the town of Kavarna on the northern Black Sea coast. It has a depth of 10 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage and the shock, which occurred at 11:48 am, has not been felt by local residents.
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister to Cut Ribbon on Waste Management System in Vidin
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria