Light Earthquake Registered on Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 points on the Richter scale has been registered in northeastern Bulgaria Wednesday morning.
According to the Seismology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS, the quake's epicenter is located north of the town of Kavarna on the northern Black Sea coast. It has a depth of 10 kilometers.
There are no reports of casualties or damage and the shock, which occurred at 11:48 am, has not been felt by local residents.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues