Bulgaria's Bolata Joins Global Most Beautiful Bays Club
The picturesque Bolata bay near the town of Kavarna on Bulgaria's northern Black Sea coast is going to be included in the "Most Beautiful Bays in the World" Club.
The information was reported Wednesday by the Bulgarian Standard daily, citing the Chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Black Sea Municipalities, Atanas Stoilov, via the Kavarna Town Hall press center.
The decision has been made several days ago in the Turkish port city of Bodrum during the Club's annual session. Bolata will become full-pledged member of the prestigious Club at its next regular meeting to be held in 2013 in Cambodia.
The Bulgarian nomination has been presented and defended by the Club's Deputy President and Mayor of the Portugal's city of Setubal, Maria das Dores Meira.
Meira is expected to become Head of the Club at the forum in Cambodia where plans are for Stoilov and herself to nominate another Bulgarian bay for membership – the one of the historical town of Sozopol on the southern Black Sea coast.
Stoilov stresses that membership in the Club is a great opportunity to showcase Bulgaria as a global tourist destination, while having 2 of its bays in the Club will place it on the level of tourist countries such as Spain, Canada, and Portugal, and ahead of Turkey and Greece.
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
- » Sofia Ranks as Cheapest European Destination
- » Bulgaria's National Statistics Clash with Ex-Govt Figures on Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists