Bulgarian Police Threaten VIP Traffic Violators with Black List
The Bulgarian Interior Ministry is planning to generate a "black list" of public figures who have disobeyed traffic laws.
The news was reported by Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, speaking Tuesday for the TV channel BBT, saying making the said names public would have a good disciplinary effect.
According to him, society needs to be aware who the VIP traffic violators are, who has been implicated in DUI, and other breaches, including Members of the Parliament and of the Cabinet.
"When you are a lawmaker, you must be the first person to obey the law," Tsvetanov stated.
He then proceeded to get into a car to test the special "alcohol" eyeglasses, which show the alcohol blood level.
The last traffic incident involving a public figure in Bulgaria happened Sunday night when the Head of the Levski Football Team Fan Club, Vladimir Vladimirov, was in an accident on Trakiya highway in which the driver of the other car died and his wife is in serious condition. Vladimirov caused the accident by driving on the emergency shoulder to pass other vehicles and hitting in the dark a car stopped there.
Tsvetanov did not give a deadline for the preparation of the "black list."
- » Brussels Introduces Free Public Transport and a Ban on Movement in Case of Air Pollution
- » 10 People Died in the Collapse of a Residential Building in Cairo
- » Dozens Died After a Crash in Peru
- » Municipality in Veliko Tarnovo Will Place Filters on the Chimneys in the City Agaist Air Pollution
- » New Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale near Asenovgrad
- » Bulgaria is the Fourth in the EU in the Number of Deliberate Murders