US Pleased with Bulgarian Response to Burgas Terror Attack
The US highly appreciates the response of Bulgarian authorities to the Burgas terrorist attack in August, according to John Brennan, President Barack Obama's chief counterterrorism official.
Brennan, met with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev on Monday, stated that the Bulgarian authorities acted professionally and efficiently in the aftermath of the deadly bus bombing that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
"I was really pleased to hear the personal message of President Obama, a message of much gratitude," Plevneliev has commented, as cited by the Bulgarian National Television.
Brennan and Plevneliev have also discussed potential US investments in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian President said that the US is committed to continue working for the prosperity of the Balkan region.
The Bulgarian President is currently in New York for the United Nations General Assembly meeting of world leaders.
- » Bulgaria, China to Boost Cooperation in Education
- » PM: Bulgaria Could Play Important Role in Improving Europe-China Connectivity
- » Bulgaria Interested in ‘Fast De-escalation’ of Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgarian Ambassador in Ankara: Worsened Russia-Turkey Ties Could Increase Refugee Wave
- » Bulgaria 'Ready to Help France' for Quick Solution of Syria Crisis
- » Russia Urges Bulgaria to Refrain from 'Ill-Grounded' Claims