US Pleased with Bulgarian Response to Burgas Terror Attack
The US highly appreciates the response of Bulgarian authorities to the Burgas terrorist attack in August, according to John Brennan, President Barack Obama's chief counterterrorism official.
Brennan, met with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev on Monday, stated that the Bulgarian authorities acted professionally and efficiently in the aftermath of the deadly bus bombing that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
"I was really pleased to hear the personal message of President Obama, a message of much gratitude," Plevneliev has commented, as cited by the Bulgarian National Television.
Brennan and Plevneliev have also discussed potential US investments in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian President said that the US is committed to continue working for the prosperity of the Balkan region.
The Bulgarian President is currently in New York for the United Nations General Assembly meeting of world leaders.
- » Bulgaria, Italy Urge Fairer Spreading of Migration Burden Within EU
- » Bulgarian PM, French President Discuss Energy, Security
- » Sarkozy to Bulgarian PM: 'You Have No Losses, You Only Have Victories'
- » Bulgaria President to Discuss Energy Cooperation in Croatia
- » UNESCO's Irina Bokova Receives French High Honors
- » Moldova MPs to Vote on Expanding Cultural Autonomy of Mostly Ethnic Bulgarian Region