US Pleased with Bulgarian Response to Burgas Terror Attack
The US highly appreciates the response of Bulgarian authorities to the Burgas terrorist attack in August, according to John Brennan, President Barack Obama's chief counterterrorism official.
Brennan, met with Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev on Monday, stated that the Bulgarian authorities acted professionally and efficiently in the aftermath of the deadly bus bombing that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver.
"I was really pleased to hear the personal message of President Obama, a message of much gratitude," Plevneliev has commented, as cited by the Bulgarian National Television.
Brennan and Plevneliev have also discussed potential US investments in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian President said that the US is committed to continue working for the prosperity of the Balkan region.
The Bulgarian President is currently in New York for the United Nations General Assembly meeting of world leaders.
- » Donald Tusk: Russia's Strategy Is To Weaken EU
- » Syria Threatens To Shoot Down Turkish Aircraft in Breach of Its Airspace
- » UNESCO Adopts Resolution on Palestinian Cultural Heritage
- » EU Commissioner Georgieva's Past, Family Ties Questioned in Think-Tank Report
- » Both Bokova, Georgieva Stand Good Chance of Becoming UN Deputy Secretary General
- » Israel Freezes Relations with UNESCO