Bulgaria Braces for More Gusty Winds, Cooler Weather
Code yellow has been declared for 21 Bulgarian regions Friday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow for wind is effective for the regions of Sofia City, Sofia, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Veliko Tarnovo, Pleven, Ruse, Lovech, Plovdiv, Haskovo, Stara Zagota, Gabrovo, Targovishte, Sliven, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Varna, Dobrich and Burgas.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The wind will also bring cooler air. There will be rain showers in eastern Bulgaria, which will end in the afternoon.
On Friday, temperatures are to reach anywhere between 15C and 20C, (16C in the capital Sofia).
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday