Bulgaria Braces for More Gusty Winds, Cooler Weather
Code yellow has been declared for 21 Bulgarian regions Friday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow for wind is effective for the regions of Sofia City, Sofia, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Veliko Tarnovo, Pleven, Ruse, Lovech, Plovdiv, Haskovo, Stara Zagota, Gabrovo, Targovishte, Sliven, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Varna, Dobrich and Burgas.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The wind will also bring cooler air. There will be rain showers in eastern Bulgaria, which will end in the afternoon.
On Friday, temperatures are to reach anywhere between 15C and 20C, (16C in the capital Sofia).
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels
- » Sun, Rain and Thunder, Hail ... The Weather for Today
- » 15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life on a volcano: Volcanic Eruptions in Hawaii Have Intensified (VIDEO)