Bulgaria Braces for More Gusty Winds, Cooler Weather
Code yellow has been declared for 21 Bulgarian regions Friday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow for wind is effective for the regions of Sofia City, Sofia, Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Veliko Tarnovo, Pleven, Ruse, Lovech, Plovdiv, Haskovo, Stara Zagota, Gabrovo, Targovishte, Sliven, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Varna, Dobrich and Burgas.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The wind will also bring cooler air. There will be rain showers in eastern Bulgaria, which will end in the afternoon.
On Friday, temperatures are to reach anywhere between 15C and 20C, (16C in the capital Sofia).
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°