Irish Company Awarded 4 Oil, Gas Prospecting Permits in N Bulgaria
The Bulgarian government has awarded Dublin-registered Moesia Oil and Gas four oil and gas prospecting permits in the northern parts of the country.
The company is to invest EUR 9.3 M over a period of 5 years on four blocks, including Block 1-10 Botevo (the districts of Vratsa and Montana), Block 1-5 Devetaki (the districts of Lovech, Pleven and Gabrovo), Block 1-7 Tarnak (the districts of Pleven and Vratsa) and Block 1-9 Mizia, Capital Daily reports.
Moesia is to invest another EUR 125 000 in environmental protection.
According to the website of the oil and gas company, Moesia was set up in 2008 in Ireland and its initial area of interest is Central and Eastern Europe.
- » Mining Industry Accounts for 5% of Bulgaria’s GDP – Energy Minister
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria May Drop by over 13.6% as of October
- » Watchdog OKs Agreement between Bulgaria’s National Power Co, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP
- » Bulgarian Authorities Place Seals on 660 Tonnes of Fuel amid Filling Station Probes
- » US-owned TPP AES Bulgaria Finalizes Agreement with National Power Utility
- » Bulgarian PM Points to Trans-Caspian Pipeline as Step Towards Energy Diversification