Irish Company Awarded 4 Oil, Gas Prospecting Permits in N Bulgaria
The Bulgarian government has awarded Dublin-registered Moesia Oil and Gas four oil and gas prospecting permits in the northern parts of the country.
The company is to invest EUR 9.3 M over a period of 5 years on four blocks, including Block 1-10 Botevo (the districts of Vratsa and Montana), Block 1-5 Devetaki (the districts of Lovech, Pleven and Gabrovo), Block 1-7 Tarnak (the districts of Pleven and Vratsa) and Block 1-9 Mizia, Capital Daily reports.
Moesia is to invest another EUR 125 000 in environmental protection.
According to the website of the oil and gas company, Moesia was set up in 2008 in Ireland and its initial area of interest is Central and Eastern Europe.
- » Liberalisation of Energy Market in Bulgaria Likely to Lead to Power Price Hike
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Gazprom Suspends Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » French, US Companies 'Interested' in Supplying Gas to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects Offers for EUR 650 M Loan to Energy Holding Co. in 2-3 Weeks