Bulgarians to Get 6 Days Off at Easter 2013
The Council of Ministers is planning to give Bulgarians a six-day long break for Easter next year.
The break will start Wednesday, May 1, which is officially celebrated as Labor Day, and will continue Thursday and Friday, which is Holy Friday or Great Friday, all the way through Easter Sunday and the Day of St. George (Gergiovden), which falls on Monday May 6.
Employees will make up for Thursday May 2 on Saturday May 11, which will be a work day.
The break will actually be longer than the Christmas one, the Bulgarian Standard daily notes, adding the tourist sector is already gearing up for it since many Bulgarians will use the days off to travel.
However, for many sectors these extended holidays create problems and increase costs due to paying workers overtime and impeding subcontractors or customers.
- » Bulgaria Ready to Support International Criminal Court – Chief Prosecutor
- » BAS To Investigate UFO Claims
- » Sixth Edition Of 'Northern Lights' Festival For Nordic Cinema
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Sofia Literary Festival Focuses On Nordic Literature
- » 14-th Bansko Film Fest Starts On November 25