Bulgarians to Get 6 Days Off at Easter 2013
The Council of Ministers is planning to give Bulgarians a six-day long break for Easter next year.
The break will start Wednesday, May 1, which is officially celebrated as Labor Day, and will continue Thursday and Friday, which is Holy Friday or Great Friday, all the way through Easter Sunday and the Day of St. George (Gergiovden), which falls on Monday May 6.
Employees will make up for Thursday May 2 on Saturday May 11, which will be a work day.
The break will actually be longer than the Christmas one, the Bulgarian Standard daily notes, adding the tourist sector is already gearing up for it since many Bulgarians will use the days off to travel.
However, for many sectors these extended holidays create problems and increase costs due to paying workers overtime and impeding subcontractors or customers.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day