Bulgarians to Get 6 Days Off at Easter 2013
The Council of Ministers is planning to give Bulgarians a six-day long break for Easter next year.
The break will start Wednesday, May 1, which is officially celebrated as Labor Day, and will continue Thursday and Friday, which is Holy Friday or Great Friday, all the way through Easter Sunday and the Day of St. George (Gergiovden), which falls on Monday May 6.
Employees will make up for Thursday May 2 on Saturday May 11, which will be a work day.
The break will actually be longer than the Christmas one, the Bulgarian Standard daily notes, adding the tourist sector is already gearing up for it since many Bulgarians will use the days off to travel.
However, for many sectors these extended holidays create problems and increase costs due to paying workers overtime and impeding subcontractors or customers.
- » Safet Khalid from the Village of Zaritsa Sheltered 5 Storks
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
- » Yellow Warning on Glaze for All of North Bulgaria
- » Awards For ''Worthy Bulgarians''
- » Breaking: Bus Crash in Egypt Leaves 22 Bulgarians Injured
- » An Ancient Port City was Found near Naples (Video)