Legendary Bulgarian Wrestler Retires for 1 Year
Five-time world female wrestling champion Stanka Zlateva will temporarily retire from wrestling, her coach revealed on Tuesday.
Zlateva is to take at least a year's rest in order to recover from her various injuries, coach Simeon Shterev has told TV 7.
Bulgaria's London Olympics silver medalist may have to undergo surgery as early as next week.
She won't compete in the upcoming world championship.
Zlateva, 29, was extremely disappointed with her 72 kilograms freestyle silver medal at the Olympic Games in August, as she was tipped to win the gold.
She plans to renew training in 2013 and prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles