Legendary Bulgarian Wrestler Retires for 1 Year
Five-time world female wrestling champion Stanka Zlateva will temporarily retire from wrestling, her coach revealed on Tuesday.
Zlateva is to take at least a year's rest in order to recover from her various injuries, coach Simeon Shterev has told TV 7.
Bulgaria's London Olympics silver medalist may have to undergo surgery as early as next week.
She won't compete in the upcoming world championship.
Zlateva, 29, was extremely disappointed with her 72 kilograms freestyle silver medal at the Olympic Games in August, as she was tipped to win the gold.
She plans to renew training in 2013 and prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- » Bulgaria's National Football Team will Face its First Test for 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Close the Friday Program in Miami
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship