Legendary Bulgarian Wrestler Retires for 1 Year
Five-time world female wrestling champion Stanka Zlateva will temporarily retire from wrestling, her coach revealed on Tuesday.
Zlateva is to take at least a year's rest in order to recover from her various injuries, coach Simeon Shterev has told TV 7.
Bulgaria's London Olympics silver medalist may have to undergo surgery as early as next week.
She won't compete in the upcoming world championship.
Zlateva, 29, was extremely disappointed with her 72 kilograms freestyle silver medal at the Olympic Games in August, as she was tipped to win the gold.
She plans to renew training in 2013 and prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015