Legendary Bulgarian Wrestler Retires for 1 Year
Five-time world female wrestling champion Stanka Zlateva will temporarily retire from wrestling, her coach revealed on Tuesday.
Zlateva is to take at least a year's rest in order to recover from her various injuries, coach Simeon Shterev has told TV 7.
Bulgaria's London Olympics silver medalist may have to undergo surgery as early as next week.
She won't compete in the upcoming world championship.
Zlateva, 29, was extremely disappointed with her 72 kilograms freestyle silver medal at the Olympic Games in August, as she was tipped to win the gold.
She plans to renew training in 2013 and prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League
- » Italy Against Sweden in FIFA World Cup Play-off
- » IBF Confirmed: Pulev Remains an Official Contender for the World Titles
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna