Legendary Bulgarian Wrestler Retires for 1 Year
Five-time world female wrestling champion Stanka Zlateva will temporarily retire from wrestling, her coach revealed on Tuesday.
Zlateva is to take at least a year's rest in order to recover from her various injuries, coach Simeon Shterev has told TV 7.
Bulgaria's London Olympics silver medalist may have to undergo surgery as early as next week.
She won't compete in the upcoming world championship.
Zlateva, 29, was extremely disappointed with her 72 kilograms freestyle silver medal at the Olympic Games in August, as she was tipped to win the gold.
She plans to renew training in 2013 and prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Pablo Cuevas, Faces Andy Murray
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal