Irish Daily Star Editor Suspended over Topless Kate Middleton Photos
Irish Daily Star Editor Michael O'Kane has been suspended with immediate effect, as an investigation has been launched following the paper's publication of topless photos of Kate Middleton.
The investigation is to determine the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine "Closer", which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The newspaper says it will make no further comment until after the completion of the investigation by the company's shareholders.
The Irish newspaper's managing director Ger Colleran is remaining in position, international media inform.
The Irish Daily Star has been under threat of closure since publishing the pictures.
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
- » Passportless Migrants Protest in Budapest at Hungary’s Travel Ban
- » Clashes Near Ukraine’s Parliament Deepen Rifts in Ruling Coalition
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies
- » Greek Authorities Detain Bulgarian Human Trafficker in Thessaloniki