Irish Daily Star Editor Suspended over Topless Kate Middleton Photos
Irish Daily Star Editor Michael O'Kane has been suspended with immediate effect, as an investigation has been launched following the paper's publication of topless photos of Kate Middleton.
The investigation is to determine the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine "Closer", which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The newspaper says it will make no further comment until after the completion of the investigation by the company's shareholders.
The Irish newspaper's managing director Ger Colleran is remaining in position, international media inform.
The Irish Daily Star has been under threat of closure since publishing the pictures.
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine