Irish Daily Star Editor Suspended over Topless Kate Middleton Photos
Irish Daily Star Editor Michael O'Kane has been suspended with immediate effect, as an investigation has been launched following the paper's publication of topless photos of Kate Middleton.
The investigation is to determine the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine "Closer", which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The newspaper says it will make no further comment until after the completion of the investigation by the company's shareholders.
The Irish newspaper's managing director Ger Colleran is remaining in position, international media inform.
The Irish Daily Star has been under threat of closure since publishing the pictures.
- » Austria’s Top Court Orders Re-run of Presidential Vote over Counting Irregularities
- » Salzburg Forum Countries Reaffirm Commitment to Cooperate in Stemming Migrant Influx
- » Suspected Organiser of Istanbul Airport Attack Had Political Asylum in Bulgaria
- » Russia’s Envoy to NATO Warns of ‘Additional Precautions’ in Black Sea Area
- » Istanbul Airport Attackers Were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz, Turkish Official Says
- » Death Toll Rises to 44 in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Terror Attack