Irish Daily Star Editor Suspended over Topless Kate Middleton Photos
Irish Daily Star Editor Michael O'Kane has been suspended with immediate effect, as an investigation has been launched following the paper's publication of topless photos of Kate Middleton.
The investigation is to determine the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine "Closer", which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The newspaper says it will make no further comment until after the completion of the investigation by the company's shareholders.
The Irish newspaper's managing director Ger Colleran is remaining in position, international media inform.
The Irish Daily Star has been under threat of closure since publishing the pictures.
- » Turkey Won’t Amend Anti-terror Laws in Return for Visa Deal, Erdogan Tells EU
- » Ján Figeľ to Serve as EU Commission Envoy on Freedom of Religion
- » Almost 185,000 Migrants Entered Europe by Sea so far in 2016: IOM
- » Stagnant Eurozone Economy to Hamper Growth in CESEE Region, IMF Says
- » Russia Still Ready to Build Gas Pipeline to Southern Europe, Lavrov Says
- » Bulgaria Signs Protocol on EU’s Readmission Agreement with Turkey