Irish Daily Star Editor Suspended over Topless Kate Middleton Photos
Irish Daily Star Editor Michael O'Kane has been suspended with immediate effect, as an investigation has been launched following the paper's publication of topless photos of Kate Middleton.
The investigation is to determine the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine "Closer", which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The newspaper says it will make no further comment until after the completion of the investigation by the company's shareholders.
The Irish newspaper's managing director Ger Colleran is remaining in position, international media inform.
The Irish Daily Star has been under threat of closure since publishing the pictures.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants