Bulgarian Football Legend Rejects Tax Evasion Reports
Bulgarian football legend and coach of the Litex Lovech team, Hristo Stoichkov, has requested an immediate meeting with Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, to be cleared of tax evasion suspicions.
Stoichkov, cited by Novinar.bg (News Reporter), has confirmed the information and stated that he would demand from the Finance Ministry to prepare a report listing the taxes he has paid to find out if he owes any, or, to the contrary, the State has to give him a refund for overtaxing him for years.
The football star declares he would donate any refund to charity.
"I will tell Djankov, I will give the money to some hospitals," he told the Bulgarian National TV, BNT, adding he is convinced he paid more in taxes than what he owed, but has no idea about the exact amount.
The National Revenue Agency, NRA, has refused to give information about Stoichkov's taxes, citing the Protection of Personal Data Act.
- » Earthquake Strikes Italian Island of Ischia, Killing at Least 2
- » World Has Missed Chance to Avoid Dangerous Global Warming
- » The Urban Culture Festival Sofia Breathes Will Take Place in Sofia This Weekend
- » UK Supermarket ‘Sold Sausages and Ham Infected With Hepatitis’
- » At Least 20 Tourists are Injured after an Accident in Antalya
- » Car Ploughed into Pedestrians in Marseilles