Stoychev Wins 25 K Gold at European Open Water Swimming Championships
Top Bulgarian long-distance swimmer Petar Stoychev won the 25 K event at the 2012 European Open Water Swimming Championships in Piombino, Italy.
In end-July 2011, Stoychev became world champion in the 25 K distance after winning gold at the FINA Swimming World Championships in Shanghai, China.
On Sunday, Stoychev swam the 25 K distance in 5:04:02.3, followed by Portugal's Arseniy Lavrentyev with 5:04:05.4 and France's Axel Reymond with 5:04:06.3, according to reports of sportal.bg.
This was the last big race in the career of 36-year-old Stoychev.
The winner in the women's 25 K event was Italy's Alice Franco with 5:31:21.9, followed by Spain's Margarita Domonguez with 5:31:26.3 and Italy's Martina Grimaldi with 5:31:34.6.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
- » Manchester City are the New Premier League Champions